A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

Mr. Bottle Rocket

I found this game on steam a couple days back on the main page prrrromotions and I gotta say it's actually quite good, sure the jumping is a bit dodgy at times and hard mode isn't actually hard per se (unless you're going for SS rank on the stages) but it's a very fun platform shootery thing, plus it has a fuckin' awesome soundtrack from the same guys that did the soundtrack for Iji (a really awesome game in its own right as well), it's a bit short but it does say on the tin that it's an episodic sort of deal...personally I'm antsy to get my hands on the next installment.:grin:

Am I the only one that's played this baby on OCR?

Glad you like it :)

That seems a low quality rip of the soundtrack but I think it's pretty awesome somebody went to the effort to share the music with people, makes us feel special ^_^

Yeah we'll release a high quality album of it in the future, we're going to do a lot of touching up to it and a few more things as well :) Will post about it when it happens on our webby http://hyperduck.co.uk !

I played the demo and enjoyed it a great deal -- the only thing that held me back from buying it is that I've spent my monthly gaming budget on Marvel 3. Next month I'm revisiting both this and Magicka :P

Gameplay wise, it feels more like Megaman X8 than anything, which is a good thing imo. No completely blind spikes etc in the demo either, which was the major problem with X8.

• 1 year later...

We released the soundtrack back in November, I shoulda probably posted it here! It's much better quality than the rip, I'll say that. And has edits to make the intros/finales much more satisfying!

http://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/album/a-r-e-s-extinction-agenda

Can't help be tweak when I'm in the audio itself. If you enjoyed it in game, then that link may interest you greatly!

It's a pretty good game; it just felt like there were a couple things holding it back to me. I sort of thought the story felt disjointed almost, as in there really isn't that much of an explanation of how they got to this space age. You're just told who characters are like Doctor Carson. Of course it's on the game site, but I didn't initially read it.

Also, I wish there were more levels. I'm used to the Mega Man Zero series where there're several more levels than what the game had.

Edit: By the way, the music IS awesome. Good job.