Magicka: 4 Player Co-op Action Adventure

Danneman

Anyone else heard of or even played this indie title yet? I've gotten pretty far on single player and i've gotta say it's about the best game ever. By combining different elements you make different spells and it is immensly fun to discover what you can do. And the game is jampacked with nerdy references all over. The campaign is very fun and entertaining blasting away foes with whatever spells you can come up with yourself. There is so much to this game.

It is however rather buggy atm for some people, especially with connection issues for multiplayer and gamecrashes. LAN seem to be working well for multiplayer though. It was released a few days ago so of course there are gonna be some issues initially.

The devs are hard at work though with daily patches and letting the community know what's up at the moment. That is very commendable and a rare sight. Hopefully they will solve the bigger issues soon. I myself have encountered just a few smaller bugs, but mostly it's been free of that in singleplayer anyway. Even with the issues i would highly recommend it for it is far to great to pass up.

Check out TotalBiscuits review of it for a good introduction.

Edit: http://www.own3d.tv/video/60377/Magicka___PART_ONE Gameplay with 3 players. With swedes though and they are mostly fooling around, but a good example of how much fun you can have with this =)

Edit2: Well alrighty then. Seems I have to wave some shiny things in your face to get your attention.

Debut Trailer

Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0PbjqwJTZs

Trailer for beta testing parodying Ali G

Launch Trailer

How Even 2 People Can Be Too Many

Lets Play Magicka Coop - Part 1

Discuss away!

I've only played the demo, and as yet Im somewhat unsure if I want to buy it. I think this would be far better on the 360/ps3 just because of in room multi player.

The spells and creativity used is so fun though. It's a riot to be able to combine spells and their affects on enemies. Sadly single player some portions it seems like all I do Is Shield/stone AOE for a protective wall, and then lightning/arcane through the wall and destroy the enemies as they channel in....

I've only played the demo, and as yet Im somewhat unsure if I want to buy it. I think this would be far better on the 360/ps3 just because of in room multi player.

It is possible though to play 4 players locally on a single computer. One keyboard and 3 Xbox controllers. Maybe even 4 Xbox controllers, I'm not sure on that. There was talk about an Xbox live release but there seem to have been trouble with that. It is actaully extremely hard to get a licens to release games on Xbox live at least. Especially for new developers with first game releases. This game is #1 on steams best seller list right now and Xbox missed the potential it has. Hopefully it will work out with Xbox live and PS3 eventually.

The spells and creativity used is so fun though. It's a riot to be able to combine spells and their affects on enemies. Sadly single player some portions it seems like all I do Is Shield/stone AOE for a protective wall, and then lightning/arcane through the wall and destroy the enemies as they channel in....

That is one way to get by at some portions, but the game gets alot harder as you go. You'll need to move around to avoid masses of enemies and projectiles coming at you. The game shines in multiplayer, but single player really is good stuff as well.