OCR02173 - BlazBlue "Tao Is Taokaka"

djpretzel

I really enjoy it when pieces are put into other genres -- doing it well takes a lot more work than most people realize, and you succeed here. I share the judges opinion that the mix could still stand to be a little differentiated from the source material, perhaps via a solo section above the melody, but the piece works well as it currently stands.

Much like Shariq, I love the BB soundtrack and am also glad to see it get some coverage. I wish that there were more people who played it regularly in the community as the game has a really interesting, unique style....but I digress.

Nice work on the mix!

aw yeah this is just what I was looking for today

Yes, this -- the timing for my own personal mood definitely clicked. :P

heh I gotta say that while this isn't the most ultra polished and smoothest sounding mix on ocr (mechanical piano comes to mind) the style is infectious as hell, is alot of fun, and its well mixed and mastered, if not slightly hot on the mastering.

Its good to see music like this on ocr, oldschool def comes to mind :D One of the best mixes posted on the site in the last couple of weeks imo, recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You know, it does have a bit of a carnival sound to it at various parts due to the melody, and that piano sounds pretty good, again for the melody. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is one of those ReMixes where several things that may turn people off can come together to create a whole lot of right. This reminds me of something that could go to a Sonic GBA game for a lighter, happier zone or something. Not bad at all.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02173 - BlazBlue "Tao Is Taokaka"