Cursed Realtors! - Luigi's Mansion Theme

eilios

http://tindeck.com/listen/jcsw

Hey guys, this is Eilios with a house track called "Cursed Realtors!". It was inspired by Heath Morris's Timeshock(the original, not extra) and has pretty solid foundations. While it is a house track, it has a small window into the orchestral side with a lot of vibrophone in there too for good measure and to keep a kind of "haunted" feel to it.

Okay this has been said in the past, but your synths are less than amazing and the drums, while beat is decent, they have the punch of a little girl.

The bass is a little loud at times and is repetitive. What I mean by loud, is it seems to over power some other instruments sometimes. The bass also gets a tad annoying after a while.

The arrangement is pretty good and fun overall, but needs more variety and better tones. Then it will be truly awesome.

I like the tune, and it definitely has a spooky, but fun feel. Unfortunately, the track itself was not as powerful as it could be.

The xylophones are nice, but I would agree with ShadowBlade that new instruments or tones are in order.

If you are considering a longer mix, I would work on the previously mentioned items before considering length.

Work on your sound design some more, and consider the instruments' front-back placement. Also, the arrangement is repetitive, try to create some more variations on the melody, chords and rhythm to keep things interesting.

Glad this game is getting some attention, but the melody might be a bit difficult to turn into a full remix. Not saying it can't be done, but it'll take a bit of work to create enough material from source to keep it from getting repetitive.

All that said, keep at it.

To me this sounds more like Professor E. Gadd's theme than the mansion music. Maybe parts from both are being combined.

The build-up to drop is anti-climatic. You can make the transition better by making the transition FX quieter. The bass is on auto-pilot, since the same four notes keep on playing. Changing the notes in a few parts can be the easiest way to add your own spin to the arrangement.