Super Castlevania 4: Simon's Theme (Stage 1) Cover

Kamasenin

Recently, I put together a cover of Simon's Theme as a concept piece to go with an article I wrote on IGN about recent industry buzz that developers are considering a "Nintendo Vs. Capcom" fighting game eventually.

I hope you like it. Cheers.

Higher Res Version: http://www.kongregate.com/collabs/sounds/Kamasenin/simons-theme-super-castlevania-4-remix?sort=by_newest

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHGG3TNSPg&feature=watch_response

(Note: I've been trying like hell to use Vegas Pro 10 to create a youtube version with as little quality loss as possible while keeping the size down. If you have a rendering configuration that works really good for you, please let me know. Thank you.)

I like it. Stayed pretty true to the original and had enough variation I think and kept it interesting. Really the only complaint I have is about the slap bass sound. To me it sounds a bit robotic. It's really pronounced around the 1 minute mark and doesn't sound quite right. The organ sound was quiet as well. You marked it as finished though so you are obviously happy with it and that is fine. These are just things I noticed. Otherwise well done! :)

as for Vegas, I really don't know the best rendering setting that has HQ sound and a small file. I would say Main Concept MP4. It maintains HQ audio, but has a pretty big file size. You can customize the render settings in vegas too. When you go to render the video, there is a button that says custom and you can go in and change the audio to render at 256 KBPS which is pretty high quality. Like I said though, the file will be pretty big. For a 2 minute song I would say it would be around 4 megabytes. Thats all I got.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...