OCR01290 - DuckTales "Duck Blur"

djpretzel

Ooh, first review ahoy! Downloaded this song when Star released it on his site, never played the game before or heard the original, but I can compare it to the other remixes of the same song on the site. Doesn't stray too far from the source material in terms of melody, but manages to stay interesting and different throughout. Really fun, a keeper!

This makes me want to run around and give everyone a hug...

....ok, not really, but I love the vibe here. It's a great piece. You somehow managed to throw in a slew of windchimes without overdoing it, so kudos on that. Man I can't get over how happy this is making me feel. As awkward as it is to say that. I dig the ending. Nice work :)

The way this was sounding at around 0:33, it could've built up to a GREAT melodic trance track. While I'm sort of disappointed that that didn't happen, this is still very good. Uplifting and happy, and it incorporates reverbed trance-ish electronica with some slightly more human sounding instrumentation. Nice blend of different elements here.

You know the part around 2 minutes when it sounds like someone is singing? Teeeheee, that's me. I randomly said, "jump into the sky, like a moon over the stars going crazy, like a pie in a blackhole vortex going through subliminal messages." BTW, this song is like, over a year old. Why does it take so long to get stuff posted on OC remix?

You know the part around 2 minutes when it sounds like someone is singing? Teeeheee, that's me. I randomly said, "jump into the sky, like a moon over the stars going crazy, like a pie in a blackhole vortex going through subliminal messages." BTW, this song is like, over a year old. Why does it take so long to get stuff posted on OC remix?

Things have to be submitted before they are judged/posted.

The way this was sounding at around 0:33, it could've built up to a GREAT melodic trance track. While I'm sort of disappointed that that didn't happen, this is still very good. Uplifting and happy, and it incorporates reverbed trance-ish electronica with some slightly more human sounding instrumentation. Nice blend of different elements here.

Yea, makes me sad when people refuse to destroy kick ass remixes by dumbing them down into fundamental trance. Oh well, ain't up to us.

Yea, makes me sad when people refuse to destroy kick ass remixes by dumbing them down into fundamental trance. Oh well, ain't up to us.

Personal taste, man. There's tons of good trance out there. And I never said I didn't like it; hell, I love it.

haha! yess! my words exactly!

the 30 seconds at the start REALLY made me think this was gonna be one of the 10 best remixes from this site! next to mayfortunesmileuponyou and other just remarkable mixes!

BUT then this shitty trance beat comes in and totally destroys all hope! could someone please make the rest of this song after the 30 seconds? maby some piano or other relaxing instuments in this remix?

why! why o why didnt u finish that remix?

Well, it would sound better as happy hardcore. Right now it is some weird skewing of festive electronic dance smorgasborgyborgyborgborg...

Anyways, cute.

haha! yess! my words exactly!

the 30 seconds at the start REALLY made me think this was gonna be one of the 10 best remixes from this site! next to mayfortunesmileuponyou and other just remarkable mixes!

BUT then this shitty trance beat comes in and totally destroys all hope! could someone please make the rest of this song after the 30 seconds? maby some piano or other relaxing instuments in this remix?

why! why o why didnt u finish that remix?

I think you're making personal taste a bit too high a priority over technical skills and musical competence.

So if i hadn't already heard this and someone told me about the ingredients of the remix, I wouldn't even have bothered listening to it, no need for happy kitschy wind chime trance beat stuff, thanks.

But wow, that trance beat joining in at 0:30 is pure bliss!

Even the chimes aren't bad.

My favorite parts are probably 1:10 with the march drums, and the key change to minor at 2:20 onwards. Great melodies.

9/10

I've had this remix for a while... I stumbled upon it on another website. Probably vgmix.

This is my favorite remix of a DuckTales song. I frequently include it when I burn dance or workout CDs for myself. It's a great blend of nostalgia from the old NES days with a great techno beat. It's also got an upbeat, cheerful feel to it.

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Wow.

There are very few remixes that I fell in love with the first time I heard them. Some of the few would be Disco Dan's "Green Amnesia" and McVaffe's "The Darkness and the Light".

This just got added to the list. It's an absolutely beautiful peice. The speed isn't too slow or quick, there aren't any instruments used which contrast negatively with the others.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this a 9. My only critique: the repetitive backbeat needs to be replaced with something a little more dynamic and this remix will be perfect.

Keep up the great work!!! This is the first Star Salzman remix I've heard. I'll certainly have to check the rest out! :D

I absolutely love this song :D

The top 3 remixes I listen to most are Sonic 3 - Her Azure Eyes, then this remix, then a tie between Mega Man 3 - Mega Man 2003 and Chrono Trigger - Calamitous Judgement.

Most of the people at this site doesn't seem to like it when songs get too trance-like, but I love it as long at it has a good melody and beat, and the Moon melody is as good as any other.

I give it 10/10, one of the best songs I've heard on this site so far.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01290 - DuckTales "Duck Blur"