Ft. Wayne, IN: VIDEO GAMES LIVE MEETUP?

Souliarc

DEADLINE FOR GROUP BUY TICKETS TO MAINTAIN SEATING POSITION IS WED THE 9TH. $35 is the price. Let me know on here and I'll PM you my Paypal ID to get your monies and your ticket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

BAM

March 4th.

So, who's planning on dis?

It's a four hour drive for me, but I'm willing to pick a few people (I HAVE A CIVIC COUPE) up who is already DECENTLY on the way. If you're too far away, but willing to drive to a certain spot along the path and leave your car, cool. Maybe we can chill afterward somewhere so we don't have to make the trek back that night.

The event is only a month away, so we must make haste! Do your taxes so you have the money NOW (unless you claim more exemptions)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Attending:

Souliarc

Obtuse

wildfire

chthonic

halc

Maybe:

musenji

There are plans to stay overnight at a hotel (or home if anybody is willing ^^) and hang the next day possibly. Let me know. I'm sure the hotel will only be around $90 so the more the merrier! I can, and like sleeping on the floor. If you all think I should extend the date to purchase the tickets I can, I'm just hoping for the best seats possible. I really don't know how early tickets sell out for these gigs.

If I'm missing anything, smack me in the face. Backhand, and wear a ring.

Yeah, Neko and I did this in 2007, (my family lives in Fort Wayne) and it was a lot of fun. We also saw it again in Louisville. I was asked to go see it again since I'm going to be in Fort Wayne next week, but I'm only staying until the 24th and don't want to stay too much longer than that, so, sorry, guys. Since I've seen it twice, I don't think it's THAT imperative that I go. Have fun, though! Fort Wayne is a really neat city.

Buy your tickets early. The Embassy Theatre is relatively small, and the time we went, it sold out.

Hey Neko, how does the seating work? For instance, do we need to specifically purchase tickets next to each other so we can sit together? Would be cool to see you there this time as well 8-)

Thanks for the heads up on the sell rate Ashamee. I was a bit worried about that. Since I'm not familiar with the area (except for Sweetwater's hq being up there), what would you recommend doing outside of the concert? Any specific hotels we should stay at?

I feel you Obtuse. I hate driving when I'm tired. I'll be asking off work for both of those days so we can do some stuff on Saturday for sure. The more people that go, the more we can split the hotel cost too. Unless somebody has living quarters there that they are willing to donate (for a good cause, of course). I promise I'm not unruly XD

Wildfire, sweet! Chthonic, sweet! You all up for hanging out before and/or after?

Hey Neko, how does the seating work? For instance, do we need to specifically purchase tickets next to each other so we can sit together? Would be cool to see you there this time as well 8-)

The way normal concerts have worked in the past is that you have to buy all the tickets together if you want common seats. Which means 1 person would have to do a group buy. If everyone were willing to paypal me, I could buy them all or any of us could do the same.

Otherwise we'd all be buying tickets for one section and just end up wherever we end up.

Ticket prices range from 32 to 70 dollars. 32 is like the upper seats. This theater looks fairly small so i don't think a $32 seat would be that bad.

Thanks for the heads up on the sell rate Ashamee. I was a bit worried about that. Since I'm not familiar with the area (except for Sweetwater's hq being up there), what would you recommend doing outside of the concert? Any specific hotels we should stay at?

As was recommended, yes, someone should buy up the tickets and then have everyone pay them back. That's generally the only way to get seats together at things like this. We did things this way when a bunch of us saw VGL in Louisville, and it worked out great.

Outside of the concert, hmm...well, since the Embassy is downtown, I recommend Science Central, which is also downtown. I used to go there a lot on field trips as a kid, and it's generally for kids, but it's still really fun. Essentially, it's a building full of interactive science experiments, and they always have a new giant exhibit every month that you can play in. When I was 11, it was a giant cabbage maze from the Peter Rabbit books, and the last time I was there two years ago, it was a slanted house, that you could climb into and try to actually stay upright. There's also the Fort Wayne Museum of Art downtown and the Old Fort, too, which is now open for tours. Sadly, they closed the Lincoln Museum, which was full of interactive exhibits on Abraham Lincoln. Just look and see what you can find. :)

As far as hotels, I've not actually stayed in one out there, so I can't really recommend any, but I know they have a Hilton downtown which is supposedly pretty nice. Just too bad I'm not sticking around long enough to go with you guys, but maybe when I'm in town next week, I'll take a look around for you.

Also, Neko can't go. He and I both live in California now, and while I was hoping he could have joined me on this vacation, work obligations are causing him to stay here, so yeah. :(

From what it sounds like, Science Central kind of reminds me of the Louisville Science Center =) I love old forts also so that could be pretty cool. Most hotels usually have some type of guide to the city so we'll have to take a gander at that. If it wasn't so freaking cold, I'm always a fan of roaming around to see what we run into!

Bummer on the work obligations and time constraints for both of you, but thank you for your help yo.

Hey Andrew that works for me with the tickets. If you don't want to do it for whatever reason, I don't mind doing it. I tentatively put in a request for five, $32 tickets and it seated them on the Main Floor, Sec. D, Row X, just to put things in perspective. I'm sure the seats will get worse as time goes by so we should probably put a time limit for the group buy so it doesn't get too late and we can't gets seats together, sold out etc. Next Friday seem reasonable everybody? I'm just guessing.

I know Paypal incurs a fee to the recipient so let us know what it is and we'll reimburse at the event. It's probably going to be about a dollar per $30, which can add up.

Hey Andrew that works for me with the tickets. If you don't want to do it for whatever reason, I don't mind doing it. I tentatively put in a request for five, $32 tickets and it seated them on the Main Floor, Sec. D, Row X, just to put things in perspective.

I'd love it if you would take care of the tickets. I'll send you money to your paypal. Just tell me what it is.

No prob I got the tickets. I'll PM you my Paypal ID. For anybody else wanting to get in on the group buy to maintain the OCR mob with seats next to each other, just let me know in this thread. I'm going to buy the tickets on Tuesday the 8th sometime in the evening so make sure you notify me in here and gimme yo monies by then.

There are plans to stay overnight at a hotel (or home if anybody is willing ^^) and hang the next day possibly. Let me know. I'm sure the hotel will only be around $90 so the more the merrier! I can, and like sleeping on the floor.

I'm going to update the OP with the new info. The price is going to be $35.00 ($3 fee per seat from the theater included).

Sorry for the delay, but it is done! We will be in Sec. D Row Y.

http://images.tickets.com/images/venuemaps/embassy_centre_NI_general.gif

Show starts at 8:00 we should probably at least all meet up 30 min before then at the theater. I'm going to arrive in the city around 6:30 cause I like scoping out local places to eat and I may need to find a hotel.

Depending on how expensive the hotel is going to be and how many people are going to be pitching in, I might just drive drive back that night for the sake of cost. It looks like Obtuse is the only who has expressed interest in staying, but we will see!

Depending on how expensive the hotel is going to be and how many people are going to be pitching in, I might just drive drive back that night for the sake of cost. It looks like Obtuse is the only who has expressed interest in staying, but we will see!

It would be way to lame to have a meet-up and just go to a concert together and head back home. I'm sure others planned on staying somewhere but we haven't discussed options of where we are staying yet.

A night at the Hilton is $150. Split that 5 ways and you have $30 bucks a person. However, i can understand if we don't want to have just 1 room. If you want to sleep you may want your own room. Something tells me that this is one wild group of people. :)

Even if only 2 people shared a room, it would be $75 per person.

Wow, I'd seriously think about this--I live in Elkhart, less than two hours northwest. Doesn't look like there's any way to "tack on one more" ticket to sit with the group, though.

I might just ask friends from Elkhart if they want to go, and carpool there, and drive back.

Thanks for the heads up, if this wasn't on the OCR front page I would've never known about it.

[edit] I looked at a map, there's another slightly cheaper (still very nice) motel right by the theater as well. There are cheap ones but they're a lot farther away, which may not be a big deal.