Ft. Wayne, IN: VIDEO GAMES LIVE MEETUP?

Souliarc

Wow, I'd seriously think about this--I live in Elkhart, less than two hours northwest. Doesn't look like there's any way to "tack on one more" ticket to sit with the group, though.

I might just ask friends from Elkhart if they want to go, and carpool there, and drive back.

Thanks for the heads up, if this wasn't on the OCR front page I would've never known about it.

[edit] I looked at a map, there's another slightly cheaper (still very nice) motel right by the theater as well. There are cheap ones but they're a lot farther away, which may not be a big deal.

Sorry yo... I would've waited longer but our seats got pushed back a row from just waiting that long. But hey, we can still have fun chillin' before/after! I'm fine with driving a bit away to save some cash on the room. I'll try and scope out some as well.

Can you post what the name of the hotel/motel is? If anybody else finds some good deals post what the name and cost is on here so everybody can check it out and come to a consensus.

Oh, don't even worry about it! I'm just glad I found out about it.

Here's the other hotel, right across the street:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fwadt-courtyard-fort-wayne-downtown-at-grand-wayne-convention-center/

It's 109 before fees, 124 all said and done.

But there's an even cheaper option. There's a bed and breakfast two blocks away from the theater. The most expensive suite they have, which sleeps four, is only $100. 2 or 3? like $50-60. So basically $25 per dude instead of $50 or $75. Plus you get a free breakfast, and free cable. They have wifi, and the suite has an external entrance.

Cons: It's really nice, but as it is a house, it's also pretty "homey" which means kinda flowery. No swimming pool. Would have to be quieter than in a hotel later into the night due to other guests, but if all the partying is being done out on the town, that's not an issue.

The site is REALLY flowery. Probably cause of Valentine's day. But here are the rooms.

http://www.lasallebb.com/our-rooms-and-suites/

Imo the Nottingham has the most dude-friendly decor, though the Mediterranean has three singles.

I would definitely prefer a hotel, cause i plan to be drunk and loud :-P and i dont mind paying a bit extra for a hotel

YES! I was hoping someone else was going to drink some cause I didn't want seem like "the drunk" of the group drinkin all by myself :<

Oh, don't even worry about it! I'm just glad I found out about it.

Here's the other hotel, right across the street:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fwadt-courtyard-fort-wayne-downtown-at-grand-wayne-convention-center/

It's 109 before fees, 124 all said and done.

But there's an even cheaper option. There's a bed and breakfast two blocks away from the theater. The most expensive suite they have, which sleeps four, is only $100. 2 or 3? like $50-60. So basically $25 per dude instead of $50 or $75. Plus you get a free breakfast, and free cable. They have wifi, and the suite has an external entrance.

Cons: It's really nice, but as it is a house, it's also pretty "homey" which means kinda flowery. No swimming pool. Would have to be quieter than in a hotel later into the night due to other guests, but if all the partying is being done out on the town, that's not an issue.

The site is REALLY flowery. Probably cause of Valentine's day. But here are the rooms.

http://www.lasallebb.com/our-rooms-and-suites/

Imo the Nottingham has the most dude-friendly decor, though the Mediterranean has three singles.

A bed and breakfast eh... are you trying to woo me? *bats eyes*

:P

The b&b seems awesome but that rowdiness limit might not be too ideal, it seems, for this group :mrgreen: The Marriot looks like the best bet so far. I've got a AAA membership (yeah, I'm THAT privileged) so that would bring the price down to $98, $111 after fees. Split five ways, that's around $22 smackaroos! Not bad at all.

A bed and breakfast eh... are you trying to woo me? *bats eyes*

:P

The b&b seems awesome but that rowdiness limit might not be too ideal, it seems, for this group :mrgreen: The Marriot looks like the best bet so far. I've got a AAA membership (yeah, I'm THAT privileged) so that would bring the price down to $98, $111 after fees. Split five ways, that's around $22 smackaroos! Not bad at all.

Yeah honestly I felt kind of odd suggesting it, after I saw the pics and especially the site design. Before I saw that, it was all, "sweet deal!"

So far I've got one carpooler with me from Elkhart, still thinking of just driving back, depending on what he thinks.

Do hotels have rules about how many people can stay in a certain kind of room? They might make you get a costlier room to accomodate more people--at least that's how it appears on the site. Can you say, "No, we're fine we just want a normal room"?

Do hotels have rules about how many people can stay in a certain kind of room? They might make you get a costlier room to accomodate more people--at least that's how it appears on the site. Can you say, "No, we're fine we just want a normal room"?

I figured we could just get a normal room, and lie about how many people we have, and say we'll only have 4 people there, cause that's the max most hotels allow for normal sized rooms. I definitely don't mind sleeping on the floor, if need be.

I just called the Courtyard Marriot up and they allow a max of 4 people in the rooms with 2 queen beds ($98, plus taxes and fees), and 5 people in the suites with two rooms, king, and sofabed ($159 -__-, which is still just around $36 a person, split 5 ways, after taxes and fees). I'm sure we could slip some people in there if we are over a few. Just have to have them go up to the room at a separate time (the first time we check in) so they don't see us all go up there together with all our luggage. I can definitely sleep on the floor and I was thinking since you and Ben are together Beth that you guys could have a bed if you want it.

Also, when I talked to the concierge I asked her if there was any big events going on that could possibly sell out the hotel and she said it was just VGL and a hockey convention. She couldn't tell me how many rooms they had available for that date or how many rooms that had at the hotel (weird), but we should probably reserve one just in case. I can reserve it with my credit card.

So before I reserve it, what do you guys think? $98 room, holds 4 people and 2-3 beds (2 queens and a rollaway, $22 a person), or $159, 2 room suite that holds 5 people with 4 beds (king, sofa, and 2 rollaways, $36 a person). If we can add a couple more people in the room over the limit, that will split the cost even more. I NEED to know how many people are planning to even stay in a room. So far I think we have a definite 4 (souliarc, obtuse, chthonic, wildfire). I'll reserve the room when everybody is accounted for.

Hope you and your friend can join us musenji! I've never been to a meetup, but from what I've heard, us OCR peeps can have one helluva time :)

awesome. regarding the hotel, im not sure if I will stay, but i'm leaning towards yes because I definitely wanna get trashed with you guys :P

regardless, I will have cash to reimburse in the event that I do stay, if that's cool. :D

*waves hand*

This IS the party you're looking for.

It looks like we are definitely getting a hotel room, and so far, splitting it four ways. So if you join along, it will be as easy as splitting it five ways =) Since we will be paying for the room after checkout, you won't have to worry about money in advance so it is all good.

And I have a surprise! I work for an A/V company and I can freely borrow equipment... so I'm going to be bringing a projector, screen, mixer, speakers and all the necessary cables to hook up consoles for games and movies in the room 8) Feel free to bring any consoles and games you want for some vidja gamez extravaganza. I hope we can have some multiplayer fun. I'm also thinking we can make a drinking game out of Super Meat Boy.

Edit: I'll be bringing my 360 with Super Meat Boy, Perfect Dark 64 and Halo Reach and, if I can get my 64 back, Mario Kart and various other 64 games. And my laptop with StarCraft 2.

I say get the $159 room. I could reserve if you want. Also, if money is an issue for anyone I can cover the extra if you're hard on money. I'm in a position where i'm not rich, but i can def help others out.

Also, in terms of games, don't go too insane. Usually at these meet-ups people have so much to talk about that gaming isn't important.

I say get the $159 room. I could reserve if you want. Also, if money is an issue for anyone I can cover the extra if you're hard on money. I'm in a position where i'm not rich, but i can def help others out.

Also, in terms of games, don't go too insane. Usually at these meet-ups people have so much to talk about that gaming isn't important.

WAHHHH. It's not too much trouble for me to set it all up so I'll still bring it all and have it available as needed. We can have some movies and music playing in the background as well.

If Beth and Ben are up for doing the $159, reserve it up!

All those tickets are for Phil.

Yea, I kilt him. Lets just say he got his phil of my fist in his face.