OCR01291 - Metroid II "Anthem of a Metroid Hunter"

djpretzel

So yeah, this is awesome. Kinda like everything else that's been coming in and giving me a need to review nearly every damn piece for the last few weeks.

The GBS-esque soundfonts remind me of those times a long time ago where I'd listen to the sound test on Game & Watch Gallery 2, only infinitely superior and with more reverb. Good times.

Edit: Soundfonts, really, or samples? I don't know anymore, it's all the same to me. Heh.

This remix impressed me far more than the other one, as it had been covered much better by Ziwtra (no offense).

Wait a second, I don't recall Ziwtra remixing the same song that BGC did. Surely they were both from the same game, but not the same song. Or at least I think so... :?

But anyways, I liked this song a lot... As I do with just about everything else showing up on this site these days. You did a great job on this song and it surely shows a great deal of improvement from your last release, which I also liked quite a bit.

Wow, first post in FOREVER. Haven't been here in so long, I can't even trace my previous posts :P

Anyway, I'm definatly a Metroid fan(as you can tell from my sig), and all I can say is that you did very well wiwth this BGC :) I was dissapointed Metroid II only had 1 remix, and now it has a very nice one. Keep up the good work.

At first, I was like "omg, is this the credits?"

And yep, I was right. This remix impressed me far more than the other one, as it had been covered much better by Ziwtra (no offense). However, I found the arrangement solid throughout the whole piece, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interpretation.

The only other remix is by Mellogear and Mustin [which isn't of the ending credits], and Ziwtra has no Metroid remixes period.

This song was very exciting considering that I've never heard the original before and didn't know what to expect but it's good even though I don't know it

Nice instrument selection, there are some cool effects and it's got alot of variety

It seems that not 1 second in this song repeats but it gets more exciting as it moves along, it keeps going and going

This is great, keep it up BGC!

and Ziwtra has no Metroid remixes period.

I believe he was actually referring to the fact that my first remix was for the game Final Fantasy Adventure, which at the time had only one previous mix by Ziwtra. His mix is exceptionally awesome, and mine, in comparison, was only so-so (I think so, anyway).

I was still fairly new to FL Studio at the time I arranged Begin the End of the Beginning (still am, in comparison to most people ;) ) but I do think that "Anthem..." is a decent step up the scale of mixing capability. Hopefully, I'll continue to make progress. I'm learning new things all the time, not just about FL, but about audio in general. I take no offense at all if someone says that I mixed a song from a game that someone else has mixed from, and my mix seems inferior to whatever degree to the other.

I don't think there is a veteran mixer on this site who sounds exactly the same as their first mix did. That's what this is all about. Learning and improving. I listen to "Begin the End..." now, and I can pick out 50 things right off hand that I would have done different if I had known how. But, again, that was my first one, and I'm happy to feel like I'm improving.

I thank everyone for all the kind comments in regard to my mix(es), and I'll do my best to keep raising the bar in quality!

Hey man, i wanted you to know I have both the ones the have been posted here and the UT mix on WIP. I really like your stuff, It has energy and skill and is just plain enjoyable. The only weakness I see (and I see it because it would be mine as well) is that your remixes are very "busy". That I know of only Protricity can pull off busy and do it well, but if you've improved this much this fast, I look forward to what you can do later. :) As a side note, Ziwtra remixed the FIRST overworld music, and BGC remixed the SECOND overworld music. Don't know if anyone else noticed that...

As a side note, Ziwtra remixed the FIRST overworld music, and BGC remixed the SECOND overworld music. Don't know if anyone else noticed that...

(actually, Z-man remixed the 1st overworld theme, and I remixed a boss battle theme. There are 3 main boss battle themes, and I did the 2nd one.)

But I appreciate your comments, bro :)

This is actually a Mix I requested once and I think it's LONG overdue. This mix is beyond awesome and I couldn't believe someone finally did it. So well done. This has always been one of my favorite game end themes. Gave my goosebumps. Great job, Big Giant Circles.

(Can't wait to listen to this puppy on my iPod)

Metroid II

This was one of the lost gems in the GB collection.

Plus it was an alright game too.

It may not have been like its older sister, but it really felt like another level of Metroid for a different system.

+====+

BGC's cover "Anthem of a Bounty Hunter"

Nicely done piece, it also reflects the end credits theme too. After the missions done, she can relax.

Its also laidback, but in a cool progressive way.

Great job BGC! 8)

Some of the things I like in this mix:

- so good sounds design, especially for the lead

- filter use from 1'10 to 1'29

- wha-wha filter fx @2'30

- the drums rolls which are very reallistic (but sometimes a bit loud, fox example @2'26)

- the bass glide @2'34

- the end with the various arp.

Conclusion: this mix enters my favorite ORC mixes collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this one. Nice soft melody without any real sudden jolts which send you out of relaxation, while keeping it entertaining and catchy.

Really creative when someone can make such a great remix from a gameboy title (I love gameboy themes, but to make an in-depth remix like this from one it takes a lot of talent). Good job.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01291 - Metroid II "Anthem of a Metroid Hunter"