OCR02175 - OutRun (SMS) "Passing Breeze (Latin Jazz Samba 2010 Edition)"

djpretzel

Wow Thank You Guys for the comments

@ djpretzel from a small dj(me) to a Dj(pretzel) Thank You for the comment huge honor for me to be part of the OCRemix page a dream come true and a long waited one

@ C-7 Thank you for the comments i also feel kind of sad because i couldn't do well the eq's and the mp3 bit-rate and i blame myself for that but i'll make sure the next remixes to come have the most good quality to enjoy ;)

@ SubNormal J3 Thank you for the comments also i'm a huge fan of Earth, Wind and Fire and the Phoenix Horns and it's a huge flattering by mentioning them in this forum and get ready there's more to come

stay tune guys . . .Hint Konami's Life Force ;)

@ José E. Felix

Thank You for the video design I'm also from Puerto Rico

"Wepa mi hermano! Saludos!"

Once again guys a huge THANK YOU - Juan Rosario (DjAkx)

wow! really good arrangement. i love how you mixed up the harmonies a bit and added your flare here and there, but overall kept the whole remix very faithful to the source. just love the high attention to detail on display here, and the convincingness of the entire arrangement. particularly love the Mukaiya-esque keyboard solo, and the drum programming is incredible too.

there aren't enough fusion style arrangements on ocremix. beautiful. i'm floored.

Holy crap. This is amazing. One or two iffy samples, but thats the minority, the sequencing and mixing are great, and the arrangement is fantastic. One of the best mixes i've ever heard ocr produce. This mix being overshadowed by zircons mix is a shame imo, particularly for a debut mix of this quality. Download this now, it really isn't to be missed.

@ Emunator Thank You i can't find more words big enough to describe the gratitude of the comments posted here and yours are one of them in Big

i really respect every genre of music but sadly now-days some are just doing it the easy way to gain easy bucks and the question is, but what about the fans?

they just listen to the song and that's it "it's yesterday's dinner" there are songs like in the past decades and some today that are Epic and in time you listen and listen and don't get tired it's because music like that have been done with detail and painstaking care to make it sound good

and this is why i want to bring to all of you

once again My Big Thanks ;)

One of my favorite remixes ever, the sequencing and attention to detail in the arrangement is astounding. We need more stuff like this on the site! :-D

I agree completely :-) I feel like this is one of those songs I will listen to for a long time to come and keep finding new things about it. It's one of the great things of 7+ minute songs, you can't experience it all in just one listen. It takes several listens to really understand how much effort went into it, and that's the mark of a great musician to me!

This is perhaps one of the longest remixes on the site as far as I know, but the good thing is, it NEVER gets boring and given the style of the arrangement, the length is appropriate.

We need more remixes like this. Production is pretty clean, although the fake guitars sort of bugged me a little, it didn't really matter with the execution of the arrangement. The original tune sort of had an implication that it was written with Jazz Fusion in mind, without the improv. I'd say this arrangement is like a perfect "arrange version" for this song, considering it was written about 2 decades ago.

Lots of syncopation, the improv, I can't really say much about the execution, it's just done so well. Perhaps you should get a lead sheet done for this and get an actual band to perform this arrangement. :)

Splendid stuff, faithful to the original, and VERY nice arrangement. :)

:nicework: This is a very nice. :]

I love all the site's wonderful iterations of Passing Breeze, but my one quibble - that they were all too short - isn't present when listening to Juan's work. What love and energy you poured into 8 + minutes, man! I hope it gives you great joy to know that this is pure sonic bliss, built for cruising anytime, anywhere. Can't wait for summer to load this on the radio ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

First off, gotta say that the SFX at the beginning was pretty interesting. Nice tropical/Latin jazz, which is one of the few kinds of jazz I can stand for a while, which is good considering that this is more than eight minutes long. And making an eight minute song that doesn't get dull halfway through is a feat in itself. I really enjoyed the slower part where the drums took over. Great solos and great ReMix overall.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...
On 9/26/2012 at 11:39 AM, Crulex said:

First off, gotta say that the SFX at the beginning was pretty interesting. Nice tropical/Latin jazz, which is one of the few kinds of jazz I can stand for a while, which is good considering that this is more than eight minutes long. And making an eight minute song that doesn't get dull halfway through is a feat in itself. I really enjoyed the slower part where the drums took over. Great solos and great ReMix overall.

I was visualizing the intro starting from the seashore when you insert the coin to select the song, then walking in the city and seeing the tv screen from the storefront showing Outrun gameplay and because it's kinda Brazil Samba Latin Jazz I pictured "why not a capoeira chant"? Then the percussion sets up to the Berimbau and the music starts!
That was the concept! The song was supposed to be slower like the Arcade original tempo but due to size limits and time of the OC Remix rules I had to up the tempo and sadly lose audio quality of the original mix but hey at least it gave good reviews! I can't complaint! :wink:
Thanks!

On 4/6/2011 at 4:06 PM, Martin Penwald said:

Producing an 8+ min long remix without it getting repetitive is hard work, but you managed to pull it off; there's so much going on and so much variation, it's incredible. At the same time, it's very relaxing stuff.

And I agree, we need more remixes like this one on the site.

67 Separate Tracks, almost 2 months of work, concept since 1999 and a bunch of crashes courtesy of Cubase 5, the song being accepted by the judges at Oc Remix . .  Priceless! 

On 2/5/2011 at 10:29 AM, WesternZypher said:

:nicework: This is a very nice. :]

I love all the site's wonderful iterations of Passing Breeze, but my one quibble - that they were all too short - isn't present when listening to Juan's work. What love and energy you poured into 8 + minutes, man! I hope it gives you great joy to know that this is pure sonic bliss, built for cruising anytime, anywhere. Can't wait for summer to load this on the radio ^_^

Thank you man! This following month I reelocate and hopefully re do this version again as it was originally intended to be with the downtempo and more quality detail of the instruments!

On 2/5/2011 at 9:15 AM, MaliceX said:

This is perhaps one of the longest remixes on the site as far as I know, but the good thing is, it NEVER gets boring and given the style of the arrangement, the length is appropriate.

We need more remixes like this. Production is pretty clean, although the fake guitars sort of bugged me a little, it didn't really matter with the execution of the arrangement. The original tune sort of had an implication that it was written with Jazz Fusion in mind, without the improv. I'd say this arrangement is like a perfect "arrange version" for this song, considering it was written about 2 decades ago.

Lots of syncopation, the improv, I can't really say much about the execution, it's just done so well. Perhaps you should get a lead sheet done for this and get an actual band to perform this arrangement. :)

Splendid stuff, faithful to the original, and VERY nice arrangement. :)

Of course nothing was real except the samples in the beginning, the rest was vst including the solo trumpet that sounded real!
But don't worry nowadays with Ample Sound those guitars will sound authentic! :wink:

On 2/4/2011 at 5:48 PM, vitorgatti said:

Awesome music... 8 minutes of amazing nostalgia :-)

Btw, in the beginning there is a Brazilian music playing just after the 8bit music, am I right? I'm from Brazil and I swear I heard something like "bom dia pra quem é de bom dia" :P

Searching Google... the song name is Boa Noite, from Maculêlê, Capoeira music :-)

Correct! The sample library is Bom Dia Brasil, I used the Maculêlê sample using Spectrasonics Stylus RMX to record the timing!
Thank you for pointing the details! :lol:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02175 - OutRun (SMS) "Passing Breeze (Latin Jazz Samba 2010 Edition)"