Paper Mario - A Plea from the Stars

Skyline Drop

So it's been a very long time since I posted anything to the Workshop, but I've finally got something I like the direction of so far. The source is a catchy little jingle from Paper Mario, and I've taken a stab at it in a sort of contemporary gospel ballad feel, which is normally *way* outside my comfort zone, but I like how it's coming together so far, anyway.

Note that this is of course nowhere near finished, although I probably won't add too much to the parts I've already written, since they sound pretty close to how I want them now.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvCoQ-wrSo

Remix: http://tindeck.com/listen/iioj

Typing as I listen to it...

-I love the way the intro sets the atmospheric setting. Very nice.

-I'm somewhat ambiguous with the use of the "fake voice" near the beginning(at least I hope it's fake). I want everyone to examine that and say what they think...

-You had a great build-up all throughout the song, and then...the song ended. I'm okay with short mixes, but you left me with wanting much more. Perhaps add a part or two near the end to build a gradual conclusion.

• 2 months later...

This is quite good. I really want to hear the rest.

- The opera voice (or maybe it's a violin) near the start is a little bit too loud, but it reminds me of Aquaria, which I think flows really well with the feel of this song.

- The instrument the plays the melody a bit past half way needs to change somehow, but I can't put my finger on it exactly, so just ignore this sentence.

Thank you for making a Paper Mario song. I love this game and can't believe that there isn't an accepted ReMix for it yet. I really hope yours gets through. :-D