OCR01293 - Donkey Kong Country "Clouded Mind and Ringing Ears"

djpretzel

• 10 months later...

Okay, so it's not ZOMG! awesome, but for a track whose source did basically nothing, this seems to be at least a bit better than that. I don't know what melody people are looking for, cause I heard a nice beat (bomp-bomp-bing, bomp-bomp-bing) in there. Minimal, but good enough for me.

I was always pretty captivated by this song when I heard it on KiC. I know the DKC 1 soundtrack inside and out and I felt that the connection to the original was sufficiently present and well-expanded upon, which is my favorite part about the ReMix. Above all, this feels exactly like something you would expect to hear in a modernized remake of the original DKC.

Sure, it's not going to smash heads or win any awards for innovative arrangement but Aetherius did the best he could with the source tune, and that's to keep it simple and recognizable while giving the sounds a major upgrade.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01293 - Donkey Kong Country "Clouded Mind and Ringing Ears"