OCR02177 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Go Ninja, Go"

djpretzel

Go, husband, go! :nicework:

As a big TMNT fan with my Donatello mean face fingerless gloves, there is not much I can say about this track, but an obvious thumbs up from me. He worked really hard on this track and I demand more, good drum n bass tracks. haha I'm a big fan of Asian samples in tracks. Since he executed this one well, he needs to remix some Naruto tracks... :)

• 9 months later...

Turtle power!! :mrgreen:

Often times when coming towards a work of bLiNd I often am open to sense some top quality electronica. This to me succeeds in its goal even with its strong production values all the way through, although in a different way I might expect.

It starts off pretty appropriately, referencing the theme subtlely with this nice downbeat intro with power chord bells that give it somewhat of an oriental vibe, before suddenly exploding full-front in a dnb/guitar-lead mashup. If I'm going to be fair that's probably not the best synth guitar I've heard, but for the track it still has an appropriate presence. This feel ended up doubling up, but the melody manipulation the first time around and even the trip-beat when the beat comes back in again start to capture more interest given towards the track.

What I felt was icing on the cake to me was what seemed like a fake ending right after with the ominous pulsing bass, before going into a solid hip-hop oriented section with plenty of gate and synth manipulation work that showcase bLiNd's nature as a producer as well as an arranger. It's those kinds of moments that show exactly how much tight details one would put in towards the genre and maintain interest towards the listener at heart, and thus is one of a number of reasons why bLiNd is seen as a huge fan favorite around the community.

For that Bad Dudes project, it works immensely! And given the recent trend towards drum n' bass, I'm feeling quite the anticipation towards his next few site releases. Roll on bLiNd's works for 2012 and beyond :)

• 2 weeks later...
Go bLiNd go! We’re halfway there! What a very mystical sounding track… it’s beautiful and awesome. Everything starts to come in at 0:44 with epic guitar. A very fast-paced track, worthy of them heroes in a half-shell. Breakdown at 1:40 or so. Everything comes back at 2:11 with a solo of sorts. Breakdown again at 3:00 or so. I guess the turtles learned how to shred… suppose that cancels out Shredder’s shredding or something… This very basic part continues until the end.

Every time this song comes up on my media player, I have to turn off shuffle so I can hear danimal's track in conjunction. :P

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02177 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Go Ninja, Go"