OCR02178 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Enter the Shredder"

djpretzel

Okay, the first time I heard this piece, I practically creamed my pants.

Danimal really pushed it on this piece. I'm glad that bLiNd pushed to do a half electronic/half metal piece because, for me, Dan really nails it in the second half of the song.

Really hope to see more of this type of experimentation from him in the future!

I usually don't like lyrics, but I'm loving the 'ENTER THE SHREDDER' part. Don't ask me why.

And don't be discouraged, I liked the CD effect towards the end. The speed up, I mean. Not so much the part before that, but experimentation is always good.

I'm not often a fan of the genre but I thought this was really great. There's a lot of creativity and adventurousness on display that you don't often see in arrangements like this. The section at 1:35 is pretty out of character, in a really good way. I love how the glitchy percussion continues when it goes back to a more normal guitar-driven tone at around 2:00. The mix is a little random overall, maybe, but I've been guilty of that many times before so I can't complain. I thought the CD skipping was also a pretty awesome end.

When I first listened to this, I wasn't a fan of the CD skipping, but the more and more I listen to this, the less it bothers me. I think the glitching went on a bit too long, but that's a minor complaint when the rest of the track is awesome. I'm actually glad that this wasn't a clear cut guitar only ReMix and that the electronic bits were done so well. The SFX blended in spectacularly and the Shredder's laugh at the end was a great way to finish it. Good ReMix by a Bad Dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I accidentally started playing this at almost exactly the same time as Trenches - Burning Vigil. Didn't notice at first since this was so much louder.

The sum was kind of weird, but they synch up quite well. I realized there had to be something strange going on around 1:00 when the Burning Vigil tune comes in audibly.

Didn't think it would go well together, but then you get the middle part with the repeated SFX, and that actually kind of meshes well with it, though the Burning Vigil track is louder at that part.

But by 2:30 it's kind of fallen apart. It kind of works for a moment during the stutter part at the end.

Oh well, just a funny observation.

On the track on its own: good, though it's not quite up to Sixto's 'The Shredder'. And, about the scratch part? Umm. Yeah. I'm not sure what to make of that, even listening to this track on its own. That, and the female voice telling me to enter the Shredder. Just gives me a ???

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02178 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Enter the Shredder"