OCR01295 - Final Fantasy VII "Aeris Lives"

djpretzel

Ugh...see, I love this so damn much. It's one of those songs that's recorded low enough, however, that if I try to go to sleep with my "Best of OC" playlist (which I would include this song in) that if I turned it up high enough to listen to this song, Cataclysmic Clash or Stained Glass Filth would startle the ever loving hell out of me as I'm about to fall asleep.

Aside from that minor gripe, this mix made me want to cry like a little bitch. Very emotional piece and yet another great solo piano work.

Wow. This remix defies most words, being more than the sum of its parts. Usually, for a mix I really like, I'll go segment by segment through it, describing exactly what I like about each bit. But this song is so good in so many ways that I'm going to find this task difficult this time. So good, I'm speechless.

Nevertheless, let me try anyway.

The Sound Quality: Excelent. Yes, I had to turn up my speakers, but doing so did not introduce any noise. The low volume is not there to mask any imprefections. Beautiful piano. BEAUTIFUL.

The introduction: I don't recognize the melody, and I'm assuming it's been made up by the arranger. But who cares... it's subtle, it's sweet, and it COMPLEMENTS the rest of the peice. A true introduction. In a word, it's heartrending. In a goodway.

The First Movement: The timing is... perfect. The dynamics are... perfect. The sustains, the pauses, the flow... perfect. This is wonderful.

The Prelude: Beautiful.

The Prelude as Background to Aeris: Stunning. I would have never thought to stick these two together... and... and... WOW. This is.. this is... YES! WONDERFUL! GREAT! PERFECT! AWESOME! And the skill to do the prelude with one hand while the other hand works at something completely different... my hat is off to you.

The Key Change: I disagree with the judge. It does work here, esspecially because things are so strong immediately afterwards. Strong here meaning "awesome".

The Ending: ...

I need to go cry now. I'm sorry.

This is wonderful and beautiful and excelenet piano and it evokes emotion and memory and.. and.. and..

Well Done.

I've been waiting for another one of Aeris' theme, this is the only song from the game that I actually know and this is excellent! It's so beautiful. Its amazing how he fits Prelude into there. This is just... Wow! Again, this is just beautiful and excellent!

.....Good Lord what a piece

This piece is perfecton personified.

This ranks in the Top 5 of the best music to be put on this site. Jared used to own the first 10 of my personal fave songs...No longer this is in my own top ten....

When i came here i thought Jared Hudson was the best and couldnt be beaten ever....That opinion has just changed...Jared you got competition

Sheer Beauty and Perfection

I don't see how you can compare the greatness of a piano piece to the greatness of an orchestral-type piece... I mean, they're both great, but in different ways...

Anyways, yeah, I like this, but I wouldn't say it's as perfect or fantabulous as it's being made out to be. For one, it seems a little "rough around the edges" to me, sort of messy in playing at certain points. For two, at 3:40 that sudden hit in the upper register and change of things is pretty awkward. Other than that, though, I like the overall feel and the way the two themes were blended together, so I'd say this is a pretty good piece.

Well, it's a VERY good piece, to tell the truth. To call it perfect, however, would be overdoing it just a tad. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

Yes, this should be classified as an Actual Arrangement. I am very pleased to hear an Aeris theme that is wrothy to listen to. The Piano Prelude and mixture of the theme is very classy. And I enjoy how the arranger surprised me a few times. That is true musical emotion. Very well thought and placed. Exellent Job. (^ ^)

This song is absolutely beautiful, and once it gets to the prelude wiht the melody, a shiver went up my spine. Good stuff as having to play all that takes much talent. Your arrangement, not conservative in my opinion, is five stars. There's nothing really that I find to drag on or anything that seems boring. Everything just contributes to the emotion that you're trying to portray, and I think this is a pure success if you're trying to get the fanboys' shirt collars wet with tears.

Good stuff.

There is some good technique here. The arrangement is very faithful as well. Every nuance of the melody and background chords is maintained. The only gripe I have is slight deviations from the tempo as the pianist sets his fingers. A great live performance.

For a while, I made attempts to create a piano arrangement of Aeris' theme to submit to OC Remix. However, with my meager piano skills and no real music theory training, I was doomed to fail. However, where I failed, Kevin has created a stirring and original piece that should grace any frequenter of this site's hard drive. As other reviewers have posted, I, too, am delighted by his use of the prelude theme. The progression ties in quite effectively to the tone of Aeris' theme. I enjoy every part of the song, but I am particularly moved around 3:10. The undulating arpegios coupled with his constant ascension of scales and heavy reliance on supporting bass notes gives the song a truly epic feel. Two thumbs way, way up!

Wow. Awesomeness. I've been waiting for someone to do this song on a solo piano arrangment for SO FLIPPIN' LONG, and it was well worth the wait. It's just nothing short of a beautiful arrangment, plain and simple.

The best part, is that he's sneaking bits of the prelude into the theme, and it smoothly goes back and forth...

Bravo. Now, if you can do a piano solo on Kefka's theme, I'd be set! ^^

• 2 months later...

I listened to this song, and the first thing I thought was, "Wow. I have never been able to sit through that long of a piano song before." Maybe it was because it was a revision of Aeris's theme, but then I heard when the prelude and Aeris' theme were mixed together, and I nearly cried. This is truly a beautiful piece, and actually made me start to respect the piano a little more, and it's a really good thing to know that there are ppiano players in the world dedicated to video game music. I do agree that it does get a little eggagerated at 3:40, but it's actually a nice part to the song. It sounds really calm in the beginning, then it becomes strong and really picks up in mood. And at the end when it's quiet, it perfectly, and i mean flawlessly, ends the song in such a beautiful way, I definately have to mark this as a five-star song in my media player.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01295 - Final Fantasy VII "Aeris Lives"