Anyone else feel like Kirby lost its edge after the first few games?

Cinderwild

What do you call a bunch of "Fe+2" symbols arranged in a circle?

A ferrous wheel.

That's a pun.

Anyway to get back on topic, I don't think Kirby games were ever really edgy to begin with, western marketing aside.

There's probably two "lines" of Kirby games. The first one is the Dream Land series, which has Dream Land, Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, and Crystal Shards. These games are kind of "lower key" than others, and they're similar in feel too (music, art). Crystal Shards' power combining is right along the lines of Dream Land 3's power+pet combos. The other line comes from Kirby's Adventure, which was further refined in Super Star, and continued into Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra and probably that new Kirby game coming out for Wii. These are the "edgier" games but even then they're still pretty cutesy and not really edgy at all (or all that difficult).

Super Star was unspeakably great, especially (some of?) the adventure layouts, the music and the abilities. It may have had a couple of flaws, but... that's it.

Sorry Darke, but:

pun

speaker.gif /pʌn/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [puhn] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun, verb, punned, pun·ning.

–noun 1. the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words.

2. the word or phrase used in this way.

Unless an interrogation is not a pun.

Dream Land 2 is better than Dream Land 3, IMO. Mainly because collecting the "candies" (it's what I used to call them when I was a kid) was challenging, and made more sense than the challenges in DL3.

But you know, I'd love to see the animal buddies return. Dream Land 3 was a bit easy and slow-paced, but the game's problem was not realizing its full potential with the puzzles and animal buddies. I haven't played it in a while, but I remember noticing that back then.