OCR02180 - Secret of Monkey Island "Voodoo, Roots 'n Grog"

djpretzel

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bad dudes seem to love Sagat's theme, don't they? Ok, this is cool stuff. Of course, the main star here is trombone, but the non-trombone parts are also funky and just catchy as hall. And chippy break is really fitting here, considering that the main genre of this track is far away from being totally electronic. Oh, forgot to mention, the piano that appears here just for a few seconds is a nice touch as well. Superb thing!

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I guess I can't do much but echo what's been said on here already. This is one of the coolest, funkiest mixes on the site. As this one stands as one of my all time favorites, it's easy to overlook some of the other Diggi Dis remixes but they are all awesome. He puts the same level of creativity in each one of his re-interpretations but this one...I dunno man. Dat chiptune breakdown. Killer Studio Chops hasn't been a thing for a while but it certainly works here. :nicework:

In all seriousness, listen to this mix. Learn something about variation from it, and show it to all of your friends, loved ones, and distant relations. The groove is undeniably strong in this one. Highly recommended. 

I like how OCR format makes the title seem to be the secret of Monkey Island. Lots of fun stuff here; we got a mischievous trombone and a funky keyboard which is later accompanied by a chip synth. And then there's the sick chiptune break. Don't forget the piano. Very good mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02180 - Secret of Monkey Island "Voodoo, Roots 'n Grog"