Halo: Combat Evolved remake in the works.

General Gilliam

Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

Huh, not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. While it would be cool to have a better remake of this game, I dobn't want people to leave Reach to play this.

Source

The only reason I can think for them to remake Halo 1 is to print some fucking money.

yeah, I'm a big Halo fan but there's no reason for this remake. I'd rather they start making Halo knock off's than rehashing shit I just played thru last year. (literally, I played thru the entire Halo series when ODST came out) Where's "Halo Chess" or Dr. Cortana or Master Chief's Tennis? I'd rather pick up those games than watch so company try to emulate Halo 1's success and call it their own. Bah.

yeah, I'm a big Halo fan but there's no reason for this remake. I'd rather they start making Halo knock off's than rehashing shit I just played thru last year. (literally, I played thru the entire Halo series when ODST came out) Where's "Halo Chess" or Dr. Cortana or Master Chief's Tennis? I'd rather pick up those games than watch so company try to emulate Halo 1's success and call it their own. Bah.

While I see where you are coming from, I actually am excited for this since I have not had a chance to play through the first Halo completely yet. Plus they're going to have new graphics, and there's another Halo game in the works. AND Bungie is working on a new/old IP (not sure which yet...) and is apparently already looking for beta testers.

I don't mind remakes, and I think that XBOX Live support for Halo CE with the additional weapons is LONG overdue. I still have the original, so I would only buy the remake if they added new features worth drooling over.

I saw in this thread that they're making a new Halo game. I thought that the Halo trilogy was over.

I don't mind remakes, and I think that XBOX Live support for Halo CE with the additional weapons is LONG overdue. I still have the original, so I would only buy the remake if they added new features worth drooling over.

I saw in this thread that they're making a new Halo game. I thought that the Halo trilogy was over.

For Bungie? Yeah. for Mocrosoft? Dude, it's friggin' Microsoft. Of COURSE it's not over yet. That's the whole reason for setting up 343 Industries, to make more money off of Halo games. :?

WHY IS THIS POSTED IN THE OFF-TOPIC SECTION OF THE FORUM IT IS A THREAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES THERE IS A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE OFF-TOPIC FORUM IN ALL CAPS THAT SAYS VIDEO GAME THREADS BELONG IN THE COMMUNITY SECTION WHY IS THIS CONCEPT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND FOR PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

moved

Oh, I lol'd.

WHY IS THIS POSTED IN THE OFF-TOPIC SECTION OF THE FORUM IT IS A THREAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES THERE IS A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE OFF-TOPIC FORUM IN ALL CAPS THAT SAYS VIDEO GAME THREADS BELONG IN THE COMMUNITY SECTION WHY IS THIS CONCEPT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND FOR PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

moved

There are pills for high blood pressure you know.

Also instead of Halo, we need a Steel Battalion remake

I totally called this a few months back when some friends were talking about halo reach being the last halo game. There going to remake Halo 1, then Halo 2 both with updated multi-player and visuals. Then Make a Halo box set with 1,2,3 then a Mega Boxset with 1,2,3, reach and some DVD-bluray-hd-holodisc crap extra features video.

its what all good game companies do.

I like Halo: Combat Evolved as is, it put a benchmark on PFS games bak when it first came out. I can't blame a company for leeching on its success if people are gonna buy it.

Though, it would be cool if bungie remade their first game 'marathon'. I may actually get to play it for once. My brother use to always play it and never let me play :(, i guess thats the perks of being the oldest

I like Halo: Combat Evolved as is, it put a benchmark on PFS games bak when it first came out. I can't blame a company for leeching on its success if people are gonna buy it.

Though, it would be cool if bungie remade their first game 'marathon'. I may actually get to play it for once. My brother use to always play it and never let me play :(, i guess thats the perks of being the oldest

i'm pretty sure its on xbl if you wanna play it

and it was a sick game i loved that shit