PRC189 - It's A Me in A Mario Kart (Mario Kart Wii). Winner Announed!!

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 189

PRCv8-07

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Chickenwarlord wins PRC188. His song was the best and gets first place. He selected the source for PRC189.

PRC189.jpg

Mario Kart (Wii) - Koopa Cape

So the source is (not for the first time) Mario Kart. Last two Mario Kart PRC's had Bowser's Castle as source tune (both selected by me). Now it's time for a different Mario Kart tune.

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

MID File

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winners of PRC188, Chickenwarlord, can't take part, but his vote counts twice. He's also allowed to submit a bonus mix.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

• 2 weeks later...

Because all the PRC's this year's edition, except 184, only had one song and before that, most PRC's only had two songs after an extention I decided to change the contest a little.

I'm not making it a monthly contest yet, but I make it longer as now. Now, PRC's start at Friday and the deadline is monday / tuesday one week after that (so you have around 10/11 days to remix).

From now on, you have two weeks to remix. So the deadline is Friday two weeks after the contest start. When no extention is needed, voting takes five days and ends on tuesday. The winner gets three days to send his source, so a PRC now takes three weeks instead of two. Hopefully this makes it possible for more remixers to submit something, because this year most times entering was enough to win the PRC.

This round is extended to next Friday, 25-02-2011

Lol I accidentally started an entry because I didn't notice Bundeslang's signature said VOTING.

Well, I'm going to mix it with the Mario Party 1 title theme to use it for my friend's birthday present. This is one of those situations where I work on a song, sleep on it, and then come back in the morning to find out that IT ACTUALLY STILL SOUNDS LIKE HOW IT DID WHEN I MADE IT. Can't waste a solid foundation.

(I guess I'll post it here when it's done or something)

Both songs are in, I uploaded Obtuse's song. This means voting.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote + 1 Bonus Point. They only have to fill in the first place.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, March 2nd at 9:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC190.

The songs:

Hylian Lemon - Blistering Barnacles

Obtuse - Koopa's Castle

Well, I don't like to do the same thing twice. Every time I come back to a melody, I think about what I can do differently. Anything from extra little flourishes to different harmonies to completely different time signatures. Generally, as long as the arrangement is always changing, it'll be automatically drifting away from conservatism. Sometimes it's just the result of random experimentation.

I tend to copy and paste more stuff when I'm dealing with a short deadline like this, but I still try to make some small alterations to keep things fresh.

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 3

Maximum Score - 9.

Obtuse submitted something after the deadline, but because I extended it, it was in. Still he gets the last place wooden spoon with 6 points.

And the winner of PRC189 is Hylian Lemon with 9 points!

Congratulations Hylian Lemon. You may select the next source, for PRC190. That round will be longer as usual, the remix period is extended with four days and voting also has a few extra days.

Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix)

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).