Cave Story 3D....S!

NeoForte

Well with this and Megaman Legends 3, if they keep this trend up, I might as well just send Nintendo gobs of money in the mail and cut out the middle man.

And if they announced a special edition 3DS with a Cave Story design on it I would invent time travel so I didn't have to wait.

Edit: Please put in the original cave story along with it.

Cave Story is such a tightly-made game though -- I dunno if the game lends itself well to a sequel. More power to him, but it's a hard game to make a good sequel for, given how high the expectations will be.

He could make it a prequel that shows the war with the Robots and the Mamiga and how Qoute and Curly failed to assassinate the old ruler.

It's really nice to see Pixel (DA) succeeding after pouring 5, apparently lonely years of his life into the awesomeness that is Cave Story. I like the look of the 3D stuff as well, will definitely have to check that out, hopefully it gets cross platformed to something other than a handheld.

2.5d remakee of a 2d remake of a game that never needed a remake because it is retro on purpose. I absolutely love cave story I played and loved it before it was a fad to like it, but I think this is a bit much. Im glad he's getting to live his dream but uh another game using this 2.5d engine or a sequel would be perfered.

And I hope they aren't going to add voices and yelps when they jump

2.5d remakee of a 2d remake of a game that never needed a remake because it is retro on purpose. I absolutely love cave story i played and loved it before it was a fad to like it, but i think this is a bit much. Im glad he's getting to live his dream but uh another game using this 2.5d engine or a sequel would be perfered.

And i hope they aren't going to add voices and yelps when they jump

Ha!

Hup!

Yah!

Power shot!

TORNAADO HOOOOOLD

The original would have stood on its own, retro or not. Retro simply lent it nostalgia and a certain charm. A true remake, not a 'port' like Cave Story Wii, could show beauty in a whole new way. That art for Mimiga Village is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how this progresses.

Wait, Retro is making the remake? :D :D :D :D

I wish

I don't consider the original cave story retro, despite the music and graphics. It was just what he had available to program. It would have been retro if it's "antiquity" was part of the concept of design (think bit trip on wii). But from what I understand, I don't think it was.

Sort of. Even though those were the resources he had, it doesn't change the fact that low-res graphics and music leads to nostalgia often associated with retro games, and has a distinct feel to it that games with layers of spit-shined graphics and audio often don't have. While it may not have intended to be retro, it ends up falling into that category.