Luigi's Mansion - E. Gadd's lab

CC Ricers

It's an interesting take on the theme, for sure. It's got a way to go, I suspect, but it's a good start.

The claps are quite high-heavy. Combined with the heavy reverb it muddies the upper range of the track. You might want to either reduce the reverb or lower the upper-end, there, so the rest of the instruments have some high end head room.

The soundscape sounds hollow. You seem to skimp on the lower end of the track, so it sounds incomplete. If this is building into a more fully developed portion of the remix then I could see it working as it is, but as a whole the soundscape isn't filling out.

The ending... well, everyone else nailed you for that :P

It has an interesting sound to it, and the textures/instruments are cool. It sounds like you could expand the source considerably more, though. Nice, but it doesn't sound finished to me, quite yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool stuff to keep in mind Gario. I've posted an update. It has a considerable beat/percussion upgrade, and there's more of a low end with the sound. Also just as important, more development of the track.

(The bass line in 2:07 is supposed to be a more faithful take of the bass from the original, but I think it may be hard to recognize).

I think you took a tad to long to get into the main source. For a 3 minute song, you'd want to get into the source a tad bit earlier. Maybe make it a bit longer so it can keep the intro. I just think you took a tad too long to get into the source. However, once you got to the tune everyone recognizes, I thought it sounded great. We need more Luigi's Mansion remixes and this could be one of them. Keep up the work. :)