OCR00440 - Final Fantasy VII "Aeris Summer Samba"

Ginnsu

Final Fantasy VII 'Aeris Summer Samba'

I've never really listened to Samba before, but this mix sounds nice. One thing I must complain about is the bit rate, 128 kbps is barely acceptable in most cases, but 96 kbps kills the sweet sound of many instruments. A constant 160 kbps or encoded in Variable Bit Rate mode is what I’d love to see everyone encode there music in, but I guess with file size and bandwidth issues I can’t have everything my way. Besides that it does sound like a good mix. Keep up the good work, Lau, just increase your bitrate.

• 8 months later...

I've had this remix a while, but just now got into the forums, ok, on to my review/rant

Aerith's theme in happy, energetic samba :?: ......i'm no expert but I think that clashes a bit. Not to gripe, but her theme was supposed to be sad/emotional, something that almost makes ya cry (i know i almost did :oops: and yes, i know happiness is an emotion, but you get the drift) anyways, it is a great remix, though i just don't think the Genre fits the original feel of the song. Keep up the excellent work

;)

-Dark-Hunter

• 1 year later...

Umm... this is rather... creative.

Let's just start off with the basics: It takes an incredible sense of originality to turn Aeri's theme into this, it's a jump from a sad, solemn medly, to a pleasent jumping carribean type feel.

However, you completely defaced the sanctity of Aeri's theme, and unfrotunately for you, that's bad. It's well done and all... but you seriously can't do this to some songs, especially this one.

• 2 months later...

To at least give a little hope to this remix, as above poster said, it might destroy the sanctity of Aeris's theme, but I can so barely pick out Aeris's theme at all that it doesn't bother me. I just can't listen to it at all since it grates on my soul--not quite my flavor.

• 5 months later...

Well, obviously Lau wasn´t kidding around when he made a samba remix. The spanish people has rushed in and started dancing around with marackas and stuff. Oh, wait, is it the mexicans that have sambas?

ANYHOW, very good remix. At first I thought this was garbage, because I couldn´t hear the melody. An Aerith remix without her melody is quite stupid. But when the tune finally kicked in, I thought this was a real good mix, has the partymood already going on, turning the sad Aerith into a funny and funky dance-mix was quite the idea. I love that trumpet playing the melody at 1:36. Great, different, and inspiring stuff from Lau-dude.

We sure needs a summermix when winter comes. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I love Lau. Ever since I heard his 7/8 jazz adaption of the fighting themes from FF7/8 (hehe).

This track's got some solid EP preformance. It's still very muddy but the arrangement kinda makes up for that.

The drums sounds like loops and that's too bad.

When the original melody comes in I always get happy.

A great arrangement with so-so production. still worth a listen!

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas special review time:

i didn't notice this mix was under reviewed.

ok it's Xmas but this one is going to add a little brazilian heat in the cold of our december night.

This mix is a good way to listen to a backward mix. A hard task i think, to try to but the opposite mood the original is carrying. So instead of that sadness Aeris is carrying with her, let's try to imagine her dancing some samba in la costa del sol.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The intro is too abrupt.

The melody really takes a backseat on this one, which is really :sad:

This had a lot of potential, but couldn't quite make it.

It's ok, but...

Well, the latter half is better than the first half, but

It's just not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Umm... this is rather... creative.

Let's just start off with the basics: It takes an incredible sense of originality to turn Aeri's theme into this, it's a jump from a sad, solemn medly, to a pleasent jumping carribean type feel.

However, you completely defaced the sanctity of Aeri's theme, and unfrotunately for you, that's bad. It's well done and all... but you seriously can't do this to some songs, especially this one.

qfmft

10char

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

when i first heard the opening instrument, i nearly mistaken this for a super mario title. however, after a few moments of listening into it, it turns out this is a pretty radical take on the ballad nobuo composed for it. i ended hearing iit a couple of more times and can honestly say it is quite catchy. the sambas and the trumpet makes it sound different. good job lau. incidentally, this was the first remix i heard from the ocremix site.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00440 - Final Fantasy VII "Aeris Summer Samba"