OCR Music Video Challenge 4

Diodes

Hey everyone! Welcome to...

OverClocked Remix Music Video Challenge 4

The deadline for this challenge will be Sunday, May 1, 2011. We will have an IRC viewing party that evening!

Viewing party details:

May 1, 2011 @ 9:00 PM EST

irc.esper.net #ocrmvc

The guidlines for participating are simple:

1. Pick a posted OCReMix. Posted album tracks from official OCR albums are OK, too.

1b. Please share which remix you will be making a video of! Just so that we don't all pick your remix too ~_^

2. Make a music video! But please, nothing so inappropriate or vulgar that it would break the YouTube guidelines.

3. Upload your video to YouTube as unlisted. (From YouTube: "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it. The video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page, but the link can be shared with anyone.)

4. PM me the link before the deadline.

Participants

-SUPER MEGA COLLAB with diotrans, Palpable, Harmony, Level99, Brushfire, Kizyr, Arrow and Arun Insomniac Skies by diotrans, from DDR

-JH Sounds

-Modus Rime of the Wanderin' Seafarer by zyko, from Zelda Wind Waker

-setzertrancer Snow Motion by SkyHigh (ICE CAP rmx) and someday, Pirate Shout by Derek Meler, Eric Griffin, Marcus Affeldt, audio fidelity, from The Secret of Monkey Island

-Kizyr - some Super Mario World remixes

-Chernabogue - Fishy and Level 99 goodness

-LAOS - SECRET RMX

-Daniel Rydell - Collision by Darangen (from Voices of the Lifestream)

-duskvstweak

-other ppl?

Call for volunteers

The previous OCRMVCs have been a success, and we would like to see it grow and expand to more participants and viewers. We would greatly welcome any volunteers who would be willing to create a promotional banner or trailer video, and are asking everybody to help spread the word!!

Hey I will definitely want to be a part of this, especially if the person I want to collaborate with does too and that deadline should work well. Since there isn't going to be any winners or prizes then collaborations shouldn't cause any complications.

Would you like us to post which remix we are making a music video for. I think that would be a good idea, not to outlaw people from doing the same tracks but just to make people consider doing something else.

I think I have already found a remix that I want to make my next video for and this time it is a very new one.

Would you like us to post which remix we are making a music video for. I think that would be a good idea, not to outlaw people from doing the same tracks but just to make people consider doing something else.

Yes, at least one other person from the discussion was in favor of doing this, so why don't we try it out. I'll update the original post.

I'm going to try and do one. If I get enough headway into one a few weeks before the deadline then I'll sign up. (My main concerns are that (1) I might not have enough time to devote to it before my short summer break, and (2) I just switched to Linux and I'm having to learn a bunch of new software.)

My plan is for one or more of the Super Mario World remixes, by the way. But if someone else wants to pounce on that then go ahead. KF

Well, I was gonna make a 3D motion graphics video, but this 12 second little project I did is taking 2 weeks to render so....

I'll probably combine 2D and 3D instead. If anyone is good with Illustrator and wants to collab, let me know. I just need toons drawn, and I can animate them... no need to draw your stuff frame by frame :)

Grr, just wish I had a $10,000 workstation computer...

Well, I was gonna make a 3D motion graphics video, but this 12 second little project I did is taking 2 weeks to render so....

This is why my projects tend to lack adornment; it's not just my minimalist aesthetic. All the really cool effects require more render time than a single laptop can handle :(

Grr, just wish I had a $10,000 workstation computer...

As long as you're wishing, a farm of twenty $500 computers would yield quicker render times than a single $10,000 computer. CG scales horizontally.

cheers.

This is why my projects tend to lack adornment; it's not just my minimalist aesthetic. All the really cool effects require more render time than a single laptop can handle :(

As long as you're wishing, a farm of twenty $500 computers would yield quicker render times than a single $10,000 computer. CG scales horizontally.

cheers.

Good to know, but I fixed that insane render time by removing 'reflection blur'. Apparently that's an extremely intensive feature..

It's all rendered out now (well, what I have done so far).. and posted in collab forum to find a sound designer :)

cheers.

I too, have to make videos without a very powerful computer. I get around this though by often splitting my video up into separate projects and rendering each one separately before combining them in one final render.

We took a bunch of pictures for my video last night. It is a very small part of everything that needs to be done for the video, but at least that was the first step.

Historically I might be the kind of person to work on a project and not reveal anything about it until it's done, to keep things as a surprise. But I thought I'd try something different this time and show previews of stuff along the way.

So at the risk of completely ruining the mystique of my music video... here is a picture that will give you pretty much no idea what my music video is about:

IMG_0230small.jpg

My computer's been having issues lately and I just finally up and got a new one. We'll see where this goes, but a lot of it critically depends on me being able to get a few programs working in WINE with my recorder...

Eh, it's looking less likely that I'll be able to do this in the time I have. I'll cross my fingers. KF