OCR Music Video Challenge 4

Diodes

setzer: We're still going to see a super spectacular video for Pirate Shout someday, right?? :puppyeyes:

I don't feel bad for saying what my video was, even though it ruins the surprise factor, but I also noticed it is building some interest/anticipation for the finished result. So maybe it's worth it.

Status of our video is about the same. We're not sure if it's going to be done on time, due to the fact we'll be spending the next 2 weeks packing and moving all of our things (and then unpacking them again). However, we'll definitely have something to show, even if it's unfinished.

setzer: We're still going to see a super spectacular video for Pirate Shout someday, right?? :puppyeyes:

I don't feel bad for saying what my video was, even though it ruins the surprise factor, but I also noticed it is building some interest/anticipation for the finished result. So maybe it's worth it.

Status of our video is about the same. We're not sure if it's going to be done on time, due to the fact we'll be spending the next 2 weeks packing and moving all of our things (and then unpacking them again). However, we'll definitely have something to show, even if it's unfinished.

Pirate Shout is still one of my favorite OCRs of all time, I just want to wait until I'm financially stable enough to hire costumes and a good location to make such a video, because I think it deserves a really good video I should probably evolve my video editing skills a bit more before trying to do justice to my favorite remix.

So yes Pirate Shout will be done someday, but not until I have some money in my pocket to fund it, which I may have to wait until I finish my studies and have a real job for.

My mystery remix is coming along great I believe I could claim 50% completion my video editing tricks get more and more elaborate as the song builds up. So later points in the song will probably take longer then the earlier ones.

I agree Chernabogue I am at a far enough point that I could reveal my mix and still be able to finish it. So yeah we should at least start making a remix before we reveal it. Because the problem with Pirate Shout and Snow Motion is that I hadn't even started working on them when I announced them. However when I have started something I rarely leave it unfinished out of fear of wasting my hard work to date and nothing short of the apocalypse or death will keep me from finishing thhe video at this point.

However even as a viewer I enjoy having no clue as to what remix is coming, so I think I will continue to keep mine secret.

clue# 2

Final Fantasy IV

That's great to hear, setzer! I hope you'll be able to finish the Cosmo Canyon one too!

I won't tell anything else about my vid, but I have hard times doing it! XD

I'm now at about 70% done and am addicted watching it over and over rather then getting further on it, but that's a good sign right.

I really look forward to what you have done Chernabouge. We are the life of the OCMVC party.

How's it going for you Dio, i'm looking forward to a life footage video from you.

Clue# 3

Mine again involves mostly images and animation rather then live footage.

I'm now at about 70% done and am addicted watching it over and over rather then getting further on it, but that's a good sign right.

Yes!

How's it going for you Dio, i'm looking forward to a life footage video from you.

Technically my first video was also "live footage" .)

Vinnie and I just did a bunch of editing. It's going faster than I thought it would. I think there's a good chance it'll be done in time. Also, it looks really cool!! I'm way excited for this!

Hmm I just rendered my 85% complete video to see how it looks and for some reason there are occasional glitches that definitely have have nothing to do with the timeline. For example at one point my background video disappeared to black for a millisecond and some of my sprites would suddenly disappear or change position for a millisecond.

It's not a big deal as I'm talking very short glitches here and only a few throughout the whole video, but if only I could get rid of these it would make the video look so much more professional.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can fix this? I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. My computer may not be powerful enough to handle it, I might try rendering it on a friends more powerful laptop when I'm done.

Clue#4

Crystals

I've had similar problems with Vegas. What fixed it for me was a reboot and then rendering it all as soon as I opened the file. Editing can wear your system over time and cause weird stuff.

Wow thanks for the response I was about to edit my post and add some more information only 5 minutes after I made, but I guess I'll post it here now.

The video effects also seem to blend with videos on other layers for again a millisecond. ie, my non wavy video becomes wavy like the video behind it.

Anyway thanks modus I'll try that next time I render it.

Oh man, now a Facebook group... there are gonna be so many people there and I have n-n-n-nothing D:

But wait, an idea! I'll double this promo I'm making as an introductory video to the event, if dio will allow it. It'll get everyone all excited and stuff and improve... morale. Or something.

Sure, we can kick things off with the promo. BTW, I meant to ask you if you still want footage from our videos. We've worked on our video a lot more and could send you a more interesting-looking clip.

So yeah, the pressure is on! Something I hadn't really thought about as a result of the FB event is that it looks like we can't really have any extensions, with 13 confirmed and 27 maybes. We wouldn't want to disappoint the fans!! So you all better have some videos to show at this thing! :tomatoface:

Which is exactly why I feel pressured to cook something, anything up! What'll people think if they come to an event with only like three videos? D:

About your clips, I actually based part of the video around your Mario papercraft music video already so I think I'll stick with that. I did too much Photoshopping to change it now >_>

Dio, I need the IRC server/channel info and the time of the viewing party (with timezone) to put in the description please.

Otherwise, my promo is done! A few words about it: it was slightly rushed, unfortunately, because it's almost finals week for me. Lots of projects due. The OCR logo intro on the other hand was something I put a lot of work into so I hope you (and employers looking at my portfolio) like it! I only mentioned three artists because I wanted it to be a minute long. Yes, one of them is myself... how selfish of me! Yeah well, I figure I put a lot of time into making this so bleh :P To Dio: I'd probably need to tweak this a bit for it to be played at the beginning of the event as a teaser. The content isn't exactly appropriate for that sort of thing, but I can make a second version.

And here ya go: http://youtu.be/jOsCfAeWjRA?hd=1

P.S. Even though setzer's segment was last and the most rushed, I think it's my favorite in terms of how it came out. Not sure why D:

Here's a bonus video of Stevo and OA dancing. No, I've never met them:

Dio, I need the IRC server/channel info and the time of the viewing party (with timezone) to put in the description please.

Otherwise, my promo is done! A few words about it: it was slightly rushed, unfortunately, because it's almost finals week for me. Lots of projects due. The OCR logo intro on the other hand was something I put a lot of work into so I hope you (and employers looking at my portfolio) like it! I only mentioned three artists because I wanted it to be a minute long. Yes, one of them is myself... how selfish of me! Yeah well, I figure I put a lot of time into making this so bleh :P To Dio: I'd probably need to tweak this a bit for it to be played at the beginning of the event as a teaser. The content isn't exactly appropriate for that sort of thing, but I can make a second version.

And here ya go: http://youtu.be/jOsCfAeWjRA?hd=1

P.S. Even though setzer's segment was last and the most rushed, I think it's my favorite in terms of how it came out. Not sure why D:

Here's a bonus video of Stevo and OA dancing. No, I've never met them:

Wow, your intro/teaser vid was awesome, good job. (But I'm not in the video, bwaaaaaa j/k). Looking forward your entry! :wink:

Also, lol @ Stevo and OA. POKERFACE.

Wow, your intro/teaser vid was awesome, good job. (But I'm not in the video, bwaaaaaa j/k). Looking forward your entry! :wink:

Yeah, you an analoq I both wanted to fit in but these project deadlines are looming over me. I had to push this thing out the door :[

Also, I unfortunately don't have an entry this time around, but you can look forward to my OCRMV 5 video!

EDIT: Guys, how many videos do we have anyway? I'm getting worried we'll have the biggest crowd to date, but the least videos yet ><

Guys, how many videos do we have anyway? I'm getting worried we'll have the biggest crowd to date, but the least videos yet ><

This is a good question. I will state here that I (and the rest of the people involved) will have one video to show and I'm fairly confident it will be finished .) (Our preparations for moving tomorrow, on the other hand... >.>) And it sounds like Chernabogue is finished with 2, and setzer is making good progress on his, right? So that's 4 at least. I tend to find that a few random videos turn up at the last minute, so hopefully somehow that will happen again. Plus there is still a week left! So anybody who happens to not be insanely busy with other stuff in life... you might want to break out your camera and start filming something? .)

Modus, your trailer is awesome!! I am not just biased because my video is in it ,) I love what you did with the logo. The effort you put into it definitely shows. Even though by the time it's the viewing party, we obv don't need an invitation to it, I think it would still be nice to show it because the viewing party is about appreciation and discussion of videos, and I think this video is relevant enough. However, your video of Stevo/OA/DA dancing, while amazing, may not be as relevant ;-)

Here is the info for the viewing party:

May 1, 2011 @ 9:00 PM EST

irc.esper.net #ocrmvc

I also updated the first post with that info.

You guys, Vinnie and I are both like sleep-deprived and totally brain fried with everything going on in our lives right now, but we have been trying hard to work 1-2 hours in on the video every day because we are so excited about it. It's about 85% finished, and I'm at the point where I'm picturing it in my head even as I'm trying to fall asleep. (I can't help but feel there is a bit of irony there, staying up thinking about my video for INSOMNIAC SKIES.) I'm biased but I think it's going to be really good!

Yay diotrans went tl;dr again!!

EDIT: Oh yeah one more thing, Modus, when you're done with the promo video, could you send it to me? I'd like to upload it to the OCRMVC YouTube channel if that's all right with you.

As for me, I finished one video and the second (and main) one is still in progress. I'm confident it'll be fine for May 1st.

Also, as it is holidays for me, I may be there for the viewing party (woohoo). But as I have SERIOUS exams in two weeks (and lots of songs to do and the video to finish) I'm not sure I'll be able.

Oh yeah one more thing, Modus, when you're done with the promo video, could you send it to me? I'd like to upload it to the OCRMVC YouTube channel if that's all right with you.

Do you mean you want the video file itself instead of just linking it? It's pretty big (~130MB), but I should be able to upload it to Megaupload for you.

Glad you like it.

EDIT: Alrighty.. here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWU0REIM

AND here's the YouTube version of my Crysis machinima I did last contest: http://youtu.be/27Wk8_dU-J0?hd=1

Thanks so much for mentioning me in your promo video, but to be honest I almost feel naked without my main rival Chernabogue mentioned. He has as dedicated a contributor as me to OCMVC as me. Anyway I can at least stand up and say that I have something amazing to show you guys even if my computer shat itself now. I am 90% complete and to be honest this song is so damn long I have considered cutting the last 40 seconds. I don't know, as it stands at the moment my video is complete is complete except for the last 40 seconds that looks quite bare. I am considering cutting that, or I could make it the most epic part of my video I don't know. Honestly I am glad that I acted on this video so fast as at this point I am sick of hearing it. But that is the same with all my music videos.

Good luck everyone the viewing party is close.