OCR Music Video Challenge 4

Diodes

Wow I was about to bitch and complain about how my computer is too crap to render my video in full HD. But it turns out my video looks better in 3MB DVD quality then 6.4MB Full HD quality. Probably largely in part to my ancient 2D sprite theme to my video. Anyway even when I'm finished I may look to rendering my video on a more powerful computer for the final product as mine sucks. Hopefully it will work otherwise you will see more glitches then my computer can handle, that's how insane my video is.

Modus: Yeah Megaupload it if that's all right with you, right now the OCRMVC channel doesn't have any videos of its own so that way when ppl look for its videos the promo will be what they see. I think that would be cool.

setzer: Can't wait to see it!!

Chernabogue: We <3 you too :grin:

We finished moving today... tomorrow we find and reassemble the pieces of Vinnie's computer and resume work on video editing!

Modus: Yeah Megaupload it if that's all right with you

Yo, I had posted the link to the Megaupload a couple posts down. And to the Crysis video from OCRMV3.

EDIT: Here's a copy of the description I made for the promo:

Are you an OCRemix addict? Would you like to see music videos to your favorite songs? I'll answer that for you: Heck yeah!! So join the OCR community's OCremix Music Video Challenge as a viewer or participant. We just hang out and have a great time watching each other's videos. With each new contest, the competition has grown, and that pattern shows no signs of stopping!

All you have to do is keep an eye out for the latest competition at http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31 . Anyone can participate! Just pick a judge-approved remix and create your music video with no creative limitations.

Next viewing party and entry deadline is May 1st! We meet in IRC at irc.esper.net in channel #ocrmvc at 9PM EST. Hope to see you there!

Yo, I had posted the link to the Megaupload a couple posts down. And to the Crysis video from OCRMV3.

I see what you did there, with your ninja post-editing skills. :wink: (Seriously I have been so brain fried for the past few weeks with everything going on, pls forgive.) Thanks for sharing the links. When I have my head on straight, I'll update the YT stuff.

Okay, so I decided on Collision from VotL. Is that okay, despite the fact that it's not actually posted on the site? It looks like according to your rules, it is, but I just want to make sure before I put a lot of work into this.

If it was on the album, that's fine. The more videos the merrier! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Sorry for double posting, but is it possible to have the viewing party a bit earlier? I have the opportunity of be there this time but 9PM Est Time is like 3 or 4 AM in France, and as I'm supposed to study on Monday. If it is not possible, no problem, I'll try to stay awake until then! :)

Oh dear... while we'd love to have you there for the viewing party, at this point I'd really rather not change the time, seeing as I've made the FB event already and there are so many RSVPs. I think it might confuse people. If in general, it would be better for you to have the viewing party earlier, we can try to have that arranged for next time, before I post all the details .)

Oh dear... while we'd love to have you there for the viewing party, at this point I'd really rather not change the time, seeing as I've made the FB event already and there are so many RSVPs. I think it might confuse people. If in general, it would be better for you to have the viewing party earlier, we can try to have that arranged for next time, before I post all the details .)

No problem, I'll try to be there! I understand it'd be confusing for people and it was a bit late to ask.

Now I need to finish my video :)

Thought I'd announce a little something here to get folks more psyched up for the viewing party tonight:

OCR MVC Viewing Incentive

I'm gonna give $5 to OCR for every person who shows up tonight at the viewing party--and for every person who's already donated that shows up, that goes up to $10.

So that's $5 for every user in #ocrmvc, and $10 for every user who's already donated in #ocrmvc, for the party tonight.

In case you forgot (or the 'first page' link is too far), it's at:

irc.esper.net #ocrmvc

May 1, 2011 @ 9:00 PM EST

Be there or be Squarenix.

And yes, I'm completely serious about this.

(though if, like, 4chan or something trolls the place then I gotta call foul, sorry) KF

IT IS TIME!!!!

I am posting all the links to the videos. You can queue them now, and please queue in HD when possible. We will watch them in this order on IRC and discuss them as we watch. I will announce each one as we watch it so we're all watching the same thing at the same time. I will also post a chat log once it's all done.

One more time, the IRC viewing party: irc.esper.net #ocrmvc

And now for the videos:

Modus - Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOsCfAeWjRA

JH Sounds - “Mazedude - Smileyspot”:

Chernabogue (main entry)- “Pokémon: the MissingNo Tracks Version Opening”:

Chernabogue (project preview)- “Castlevania: Vampire Variations - Project Preview”:

setzertrancer- “bLiNd - Golbez & Goblins”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIgVpCajYM

diotrans - “diotrans - Insomniac Skies”:

Thanks again to everyone who made videos and/or made it to our viewing party!! Another successful OCRMVC, woo hoo!! :grin:

Here is the chat log: http://diotrans.com/random/OCRMVC4chatlog.txt

I want to go back and watch everybody's videos again, paying full attention and without flipping back and forth from IRC .) I think all the videos were really great and once again it's wonderful to see everyone's video skills improving.

I guess as long as I'm posting in this thread I may as well share some fun facts about my video:

- This was originally inspired from the very first OCRMVC, largely from LAOS's amazing video, but really all the live action videos. I had had random video ideas float around in my head before, but that was really the first time I thought it would be feasible to do one, once I saw other people doing it. I really hope we see more of the live action videos, even if they're not super polished or whatever, I think they are fun and they bring variety to the OCRMVC (since it seems that most of our videos are not using footage filmed by us). So yeah, I had this idea in my head for more than a year, and I finally decided to do it.

- This isn't that important, but originally, I had planned on wearing a spring dress for the outdoor scenes, since we were filming in spring. The temperature turned out to be in the 30's that day! But when I saw the coat + gloves outfit on camera, I realized that worked much better, because it captures the feeling of coldness and loneliness. We were all freezing our asses off, thank you crew members for sticking it out with me .)

- Our crew was brilliant and amazing and did a much better job than I would have alone. (Actually, alone, none of this really would have been possible.) They had all sorts of good ideas for places to shoot, angles, lighting, things for me to do on camera, etc. I already thanked them but THANK YOU AGAIN! I love you all!!

- So that guy in the picture is my buddy Aaron. When I was still planning the details of the video, I had mentioned to a few people that I'd need a guy to pose with me in pictures. People were wondering why I didn't just have Palpable/Vinnie (my dear boyfriend) do that. (In case you haven't seen the video yet... it should become obvious why at the end.) I'm really glad I didn't use pictures of me + Vinnie! I think that would have made me feel horrible, and weird for anybody to watch who knows us.

OK yes diotrans is tl;dr-ing again... >.> To sum up: OCRMVC4 was awesome, thank you everybody, love you all!! <3

Just finished watching all the videos. Amazing work everyone. Another really great installment. Although I was pre-occupied enough to not join in this time I'm still, as always, very very VERY interested in what comes out of these little get-togethers both online and irl.

As for my involvement; I've started a playlist on my ipod called 'ocrmvc ideas' and it's 9 strong, and I know I could double that. I would really like to do one again, and multiple friends have been asking me if/when they can get involved.

Special thanks to the amazing Amy for once again, not only organizing this fun and inspiring competition, but also joining among the ranks of contributors to show their real life faces in the footage. You put a lot of effort in this time and that deserves some special recognition.

ALSO; as the first ocremixer to do a video of her own song, this is easily, the most official video ever! Sort of... you know what I mean.

GREAT JOB!