OCR02430 - *YES* Mega Man X6 & X5 'Countdown to Infinity'

DragonAvenger

Remixer: WillRock

Name Of Remix: Countdown To Infinity

Games Remixed: Megaman X5, X6

Sources Remixed: Infinity Mijinion, Spiral Pegacion

Comments: Before you listen to this mix, listen to the intro of Infinity Mijinion. Now, you guys... do you REALLY need more convincing to listen to this remix? :P

Ok, so listening to OneUps source for the GMRB, I realised that (the strangely named) Spiral Pegacion's source sucked really. And (the even more strangely named) Infinity Mijinion - I now know how to spell Mijinion, go me - was epic beyond all kinds of epic. Imo that is. What is a Mijinion anyway. You have billions, Trillions, and Mijinions maybe? why wasn't it Mijillions? Mijinion might have been a typo of Ignition. Infinity Ignition? Or more likely, the guy who was making the names for the X6 bosses spazzed out over the keyboard when he couldn't think of a good word to go with infinity and liked what came out.

It also sounds like the final countdown. You all agree. It sounds so much like the final countdown that Joey Tempest faced off against Infinity Mijinion for stealing his music. Infinity Mijinion won however, even though Joey Tempest had the guard shell.

So....

May the Countdown to Infinity commence!

1... 2... 3... 4... (you guys get the idea)

---------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5IVzmZYu1I - Infinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL55LGZnwWQ - Spiral

• 3 weeks later...

So...Infinity source is awesome. Spiral, slightly less awesome, but still awesome. I am pretty glad that these two awesome sources are equaling a pretty awesome arrangement. Love that you kept this in the style of The Final Countdown. 80's rock might be the best and only way to go with this. Both sources are well-combined and well-personalized. I dig the arrangement overall. Drumwork is also fantastic. My only gripe is the fade-out ending. I understand the TFC reference(after being reminded by Bahamut and Emunator, thanks, dudes), but it still felt like it could have been a stronger melodic section to fade out on. Not a big factor in the overall.

Hiss at 2:21, but I talked with you today, and you will (hopefully soon) get a fixed version of it.

In fact:

[22:22] <Deia> i know what it is about the ending, its that its like someone is like 'dude, he's been soloing for a half an hour, just start dimming the lights and maybe he'll stop'

[22:23] <WillRock> hahahahaha

[22:23] <Deia> this will go into my vote btw

Will wait for updated version before I give an official vote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the high end is slightly over-hyped, but otherwise, things seem good. Nice lead guitars, some of your best, i'd say. Nice tasteful playing, though in a few spots it gets buried. Might want to ease up a little on the reverb. ;-) ;-)

Drums could be a little more exciting, and a little more powerful, but they serve the track well enough, and there is a lot of good arrangement happening to carry this over the bar.

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

gotta agree that the lead guitar was a lil' buried at times, but the performances are tight and the mixing is clean. you got a knack for blending multiple sources into a cohesive mix. seemed a little random and/or lazy to fadeout during what seemed to be the climax, but it won't hold back an otherwise solid mix.

YES

What is a Mijinion anyway. You have billions, Trillions, and Mijinions maybe? why wasn't it Mijillions?

Ladies and gentlemen, the comedic stylings of Mr. William Harby!

Say what you will about his stand-up, but I think a Europe-homage like this song is pretty much tailor made for Will. This had some really sweet moments, and the guitars and synths didn't step on each other much; there was good interplay there. Drums were flabby and could have used more definition even maintaining that level of reverb, but overall any shortcomings are more than made up for.

YES