Songs for the Cure '11 released (Reiki Too!)

Josh Whelchel

• 2 weeks later...

Not hitting "Repeat" when Roboflamenco came to a close was one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time, but it felt like two tracks in was too soon. I will get through the whole thing before I start replaying tracks!

A question about The Battle of Vyazma. Between 2:00-2:40 I'm hearing some kind of recurring, intermittent distortion that sounds like it might be an intentional part of the piece, but I want to make sure this isn't an actual technical problem with the track, and give you guys a heads up if it is.

I don't know if it was intentional but Whelchel's Requiem Aeternum is remenicent of Gurren Lagann's "Libera Me" From Hell

probably because of latin chants icon_ugly.gif

It's because all of the text comes from Latin Mass text, some of which is from Libera Me. Naturally, "Libera Me From Hell" uses the same text in that instance.

I composed an actual "Libera Me," for which R.A. is a spiritual sequel, for GunGirl 2:

http://music.jwmusic.org/track/libera-me-feat-stephanie-schoenhofer-and-rachel-denlinger

I have to say the album is fantastic, as was SftC '10. Virt's track is so damn hot my earbuds are reduced to molten slag. I couldn't listen to the lineup from both albums without being stricken by how much these guys have developed artistically and technically. If you can spare the change (for a good cause!), SftC '11 will blow you away.

Blatant plug, but Josh and I are going to discuss SftC '11 on tonight's episode of Radio Free Gamer. The interview will air live at 7PM Eastern, and you can tune in and chat in our IRC here. If you have any questions or comments about the album, I'm sure Josh would be happy to field them. There will also be Gunstar Heroes, and that alone is reason to listen.

there is so much awesome music on this, i can barely wrap my brain around it. i was really looking forward to hearing everyone's contributions, but this went way beyond my (already pretty high) expectations. super excited about sharing this and really glad i was able to be a part of it.

I used my download codes and put Esuna and Remedy on my phone, in that way I am very appreciative to have the tagged mp3 versions to have to listen to in the car or about. But I don't see myself really listening through it all the way until the physical CDs come in. I know that doesn't make sense but I used to be a collector and that's just how I roll.