Dead Island

Global-Trance

The genre is a bit tired, imo, so I'm not really 'pumped' for it. However, that trailer should get awards for being the most experimental VG trailer, the most depressing trailer and containing the only CGI moment I've seen where for a moment I thought it was real (the eye in the beginning was pretty damn impressive).

Very nice trailer. :)

There are so many zombie games now, though. And lots of non-zombie based games have zombies modes or DLC added on.

I'm wondering if this game is going to release at a time when people are just tired of it. Even I'm getting bored with L4D2 now, and I've played it over almost 900 hours in the series.

It's going to have to do something very different to standout from everything else. Here's hoping the story (it's a zombocalypse, there really isn't any need for story) and this mysterious RPG system for training works out well enough to make it more than just another moaning voice in the crowd.

Spoilers: (omg I'm using spoiler warnings for a trailer!?)

What's crazy is that when you watch it from the beginning again, and knowing that it's the end, is that the family's pretty much doomed, dad's running away, mother's about to be overwhelmed, and not to mention the obvious of the daughter dying. Sad stuff.

I'm feeling a mix of excitement and pessimism. Excitement because that was actually a fairly powerful trailer (especially for a zombie game), but pessimistic because I have a sneaking suspicion that trailer is trying to make the game appear far more poignant than it's actually going to be.

I also fear this.

That said, the trailer really did put the game on the radar when the genre is really starting to get crowded. If they're able to keep that kind of an emotional response in forward motion, they might have something.

Damn good trailer though. I hope the gameplay is just as good.

The genre is a bit tired, imo, so I'm not really 'pumped' for it. However, that trailer should get awards for being the most experimental VG trailer, the most depressing trailer and containing the only CGI moment I've seen where for a moment I thought it was real (the eye in the beginning was pretty damn impressive).

Very nice trailer. :)

My friend posted this on my FB wall earlier and I said the same thing. Prettyyy cool trailer, but I'm so tired of zombie games already that I really can't be excited.

It's like "Cool...one-sided L4D in Hawaii..."

I hope its more so like a real zombie/survival game and NOT L4D "ZOMG fast zombies kill fest" style like a lot of games are lately. The team behind the CG are very passionate about making that trailer, top notch work... doesn't mean it will make a good game at all though considering its just CG. Those screenshots also look a little too clean to be completely legit (Bullshots maybe)

We shall see.

I can't remember the name right now, but there was this flash game I played once. It was entirely turn-based, and was bout finding people so your little holdout could survive. You sent the right kind of people out of your fortress to do different things. Scientists would be used for making things. Soldiers were best at guarding the walls of the fort, and for clearing out buildings next to yours. Scouts were great at finding things like food and seeing what the condition o buildings were. Builders... they made things. And you had leaders, people that could keep morale high and recruit survivors from other parts of the town.

I only played it once... for eight hours straight. I had to turn it off because it was becoming too engrossing. That was more engaging than a lot of other zombie games, especially the FPS ones that are flooding the market.

If a simple flash game can make a zombie fan like myself interested that much, then Dead Island is going to have to really pull something good off to succeed. It can't just be another bland game.