Pokémon R/S/E Abandoned Ship Remix

TGH

I've taken some time off from remixing, but I just couldn't pass up the inspiration I got for this.

http://tindeck.com/listen/ogpr

This is the start of a chippy remix of the Abandoned Ship theme from Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Well. . . Sort of half chippy. . . I seriously don't know what genre my music is. Could somebody please tell me if they know? hahahaha

This is not complete yet. . .I intend to add at least a minute's worth material to it before it's completed. And polish a lot of stuff. . .

And here's the source track:

for anyone who needs it

http://tindeck.com/listen/ouvu

Here's an update, the track itself is completed.

I might do something to make the transition a little smoother from the final chorus to the outro, like maybe take away some of the snares at the beginning of the outro.

Edit: Here's what I said I was gonna do, plus some other adjustments:

http://tindeck.com/listen/coof

...lol coof. . .

Good thing I didn't bother downloading it last night XD. Great piece of work as usual. Hope it passes.

This is a bit off topic but any chance they can let you in on the missingno tracks? I know its officially finished but there's still a few hold ups with the release and if this can't pass, I think "The Greatest Loss of All" should be good enough for it.

Thanks a lot :D

I'm not sure how that works, but I think the administrators of the project (I know TheDamned is one of them) has to come to me and ask me to do it. I'm not sure my skills (or my schedule) would be up to the challenge though, hahahaha

On a side note, the Greatest Loss of All isn't from a main Pokemon game, and I think the Missingno Tracks project only features songs from the main games. (TGLOA is from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, a spin-off)

I like this song a lot, and the mix is even more incredible. Normally I offer some critique, but this is really good. Maybe some better bass beats could improve the song a little, but I'm a fool for songs with a strong bass (ironically, I could not care for dubstep). Good Luck!

EDIT

Note to Synthony: we're about to get a good number of Pokemon remixes from the Missingno album. Can't wait for that!

I like this song a lot, and the mix is even more incredible. Normally I offer some critique, but this is really good. Maybe some better bass beats could improve the song a little, but I'm a fool for songs with a strong bass (ironically, I could not care for dubstep). Good Luck!

EDIT

Note to Synthony: we're about to get a good number of Pokemon remixes from the Missingno album. Can't wait for that!

e_O I certainly hope so. Wasn't the album marked as "complete" like two years ago? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I thought that album was due in 2008...

e_O I certainly hope so. Wasn't the album marked as "complete" like two years ago? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I thought that album was due in 2008...

nah, they just finished it this past October.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4733

But still something else came up about permission to use songs on the album or something, so there's a new snag. 3 people haven't submitted their approval. That's why I think this is an opportunity to still get one in, especially since this was written:

"With a somewhat heavy heart, I have decided to cut the two remaining remixes, due to issues regarding both availability of the files as well as time constraints. This project, even when you factor in the first year where it was under completely different management, is going on towards its forth year. It's time to wrap it up. But you never know! Maybe those missing remixes will somehow show up later. Like as a bonus. Like a Mew or a Celebi. (That's a hint, by the way.)"

So this could be a bonus track at worst if no one else pulled the Abandoned ship...

Naww, I actually messaged The Damned last night and he said that the project ended in September, and that they weren't accepting any more.

Anyway, this is the version I'm submitting right now.

http://tindeck.com/listen/hkqg

I lowered the snare at some parts (just a LITTLE bit), made the pad in the chorus louder and with a bit more high-end, and fixed the arpeggios in the outro which were cutting off a bit early.

Wish it luck on the panel!

Mehh, I've decided to wait a little bit and switch this thread to mod review first. . .

Here's a slightly more updated version http://tindeck.com/listen/zsmu

Better snares in the midsection and end in this one.

EDIT: (also a smaller file size ;D)

i love your chiptune and synth leads. sweet the arps at :40, but the melody at :58.. damn, so good.

i think your main gated synth could use a little more prominent filter automation through the melody section to keep things flowing, felt a little raw/static sometimes to me compared to all the surrounding elements.

3:15=sex

i love this. do note that I have listened to this over (fairly decent) laptop speakers, but everything sounded crisp and clear to me. good production, great arrangement.. sub this thing, man. :D

i love your chiptune and synth leads. sweet the arps at :40, but the melody at :58.. damn, so good.

i think your main gated synth could use a little more prominent filter automation through the melody section to keep things flowing, felt a little raw/static sometimes to me compared to all the surrounding elements.

3:15=sex

i love this. do note that I have listened to this over (fairly decent) laptop speakers, but everything sounded crisp and clear to me. good production, great arrangement.. sub this thing, man. :D

You have no idea how much that comment means to me, coming from you. Pretty much this entire track was inspired by your works. I can't get enough of your chippy style :DD

Thank you thank you thank you! Subbing now.

3 people haven't submitted their approval. That's why I think this is an opportunity to still get one in, especially since this was written:

"With a somewhat heavy heart, I have decided to cut the two remaining remixes, due to issues regarding both availability of the files as well as time constraints. This project, even when you factor in the first year where it was under completely different management, is going on towards its forth year. It's time to wrap it up. But you never know! Maybe those missing remixes will somehow show up later. Like as a bonus. Like a Mew or a Celebi. (That's a hint, by the way.)"

Actually, that's because three remixes were deemed "no good enough" by their remixers (due to personal standards, technical issues, or some other factor), and we decided that instead of waiting for them, it would be better to drop them for now and carry on with the 28 tracks we already had. It had nothing to do with anyone being dropped. The three remixes in question were done by people that still have other remixes on the album.

And as for TheGuitahHeroe himself, if there ever is a second album, I'm sure he'll be near the front of the line for applicants, right? You will be, won't you?

Actually, that's because three remixes were deemed "no good enough" by their remixers (due to personal standards, technical issues, or some other factor), and we decided that instead of waiting for them, it would be better to drop them for now and carry on with the 28 tracks we already had. It had nothing to do with anyone being dropped. The three remixes in question were done by people that still have other remixes on the album.

And as for TheGuitahHeroe himself, if there ever is a second album, I'm sure he'll be near the front of the line for applicants, right? You will be, won't you?

If you want me to create a track for the second album if there is one, then I would absolutely be more than happy too!

protodome mk 2

seriously have you ever remixed anything besides pokemon? :<

hahah, I've remixed some Zelda and Mega Man tracks, as well as one Mario 64 track. None of them are that good haha

The Pokemon series has my favorite music out of any video game, so I guess that's why I remix them so often :-o

Is that a CRIME??? :-P

EDIT: Also since I think there aren't enough Mystery Dungeon remixes on the site. Seriously, that music is amazing. ({)B

Hmmm... If there is a second one on the way, hold a spot open for my upcoming metal medley of the Regi trio and Deoxys battle themes. I think it'll blow your socks to the horizon if I can get it sounding like I want. *rubs hands together with mischievous smile*

>.>

*a wild forumer has fled*