motivation ideas?

As a rapper, I often find myself with writer's block. It helps to force yourself into the studio, honestly. I like to set aside a few hours on a saturday morning and lock myself in the lab with some coffee and just start writing to whatever beats I have available, even if it's not the greatest stuff I've ever written. At least it keeps me from getting rusty, and there are always ideas and concepts I can take away from the practice session.

The only real musical inspiration I can truly preach is to collaborate with other musicians. It's one thing to try to force inspiration when you're alone, but it tends to flow more naturally if you have another musician next to you with an instrument and just start bouncing ideas off of each other. Make a schedule where you get with a friend and force yourselves to do a barebones sketch of at least one song every time you're together.

Use FL-Studio. It practically opens itself. ;D

:tomatoface: i♥ableton ; D

As a rapper, I often find myself with writer's block. It helps to force yourself into the studio, honestly. I like to set aside a few hours on a saturday morning and lock myself in the lab with some coffee and just start writing to whatever beats I have available, even if it's not the greatest stuff I've ever written. At least it keeps me from getting rusty, and there are always ideas and concepts I can take away from the practice session.

The only real musical inspiration I can truly preach is to collaborate with other musicians. It's one thing to try to force inspiration when you're alone, but it tends to flow more naturally if you have another musician next to you with an instrument and just start bouncing ideas off of each other. Make a schedule where you get with a friend and force yourselves to do a barebones sketch of at least one song every time you're together.

i do have collabs, but i feel to unmotivated to do them/start :P

Listen to music that you normally wouldn't listen to.

I came across a ton of stuff from all over the world on 7digital.com. Its a good site for new artist and you can check out many foreign artist as well.

i will take a look at this website, but i listen to music more then i make XD

• 2 weeks later...