No reaction from the judge after weeks.

PARALAX

Sorry guys but I'm a bit pissed off from the jury here. I've posted a bunch of tracks here weeks ago from which I upload one song for the OC Remix platform http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32942 . Neither a mail, nor some other reaction from the judge, even not an entry in the thread listing tracks in queue: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2819

When I try to ask about my track, the posting will not be visible and still days after that not activated. I think that I can expect that at least a small reaction from the judge wether this kind of tracks are welcome here or not. I also heart it from other members who tries to upload tracks here, like CZ-Tunes etc. I'm really dissappointed from this behaviour.

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!

If you want a song to be submitted for judging you need to go through the Submissions process:

There are details here:

http://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions

Other than that, forum members go through the forum in the "Post your finished mixes" and reply to the ones that they think are interested. That place is not really the place where judges necessarily go to listen to songs.

That's what I exactly did under attention of all rules. I even did upload only one of this because it was one of the rule by the same artist. I've never heard something after the submission confirmation mail and the track was not listed in the thread above. I rather think that non-console remixes are not welcome here, even if ther're very special systems like Atari or MSX. That's what makes me a bit sad too, because they also had their right to exist in it's time. I hope I'll get more infos from one of the judge staff soon what's going wrong with the upload.

Edit: Reading the last sentence of the previous post could be an clarification but this was nothing I found in the submission rules.

Mixes subbed prior to Jan 1, 2011 on the panel

If you submitted a mix on or after this date, your mix is still in the submissions inbox and will not appear on this page.

Did you submit it before or after Jan. 1st? It takes a while for them to get to stuff. (For an example wait time, I subbed something early December and it was moved out of the inbox and into the to-be-judged queue maybe a week or so ago.)

If you read the massive letters in the 'currently being judged' thread you linked to you would've spotted this above the list:

Your wip thread is dated 5th Jan, so I'm guessing you submitted it after the 1st of January. That is why it is not in the list yet. It's because we haven't even had a chance to listen to it because we have received so many submissions. There are just a lot of remixes to listen to and not enough people to do it. They listen to every submission, in every style from any games system.

The judges do this in their own time for free, and get nothing in return for doing so. Try to understand why it takes so long given what I've just said, and have a little patience.

Be patient. It normally takes roughly three months just to have the track reach the J's. Then it takes about a month more for them to respond. That's how it's been for a while now, so it's nothing personal. Welcome to OCR panel, folks. Give them credit, though, the job isn't an easy one to do, especially not as a volunteer.

EDIT: Totally ninja'd by Fishy.

If you read the massive letters in the 'currently being judged' thread you linked to you would've spotted this above the list:

Your wip thread is dated 5th Jan, so I'm guessing you submitted it after the 1st of January.

Indeed! The confirmation mail is dated from Thu, 06. Jan 2011 07:18:59 CET but I never would have expect that it takes so very long. That means that tracks listed in the thread from my 1st post was submitted already last year or in november? Should I wait until march or april before contacting the judges again? Is there a possible way to contact them (or contact someone) personally without taking attention in a thread like this? It was absolutely no intention to make such a fuss about some of my tracks but it seems that it was the only possible way to get informed about the situation, even because I'm not a regular artist here. Thanks for letting me know this.

Indeed! The confirmation mail is dated from Thu, 06. Jan 2011 07:18:59 CET but I never would have expect that it takes so very long. That means that tracks listed in the thread from my 1st post was submitted already last year or in november? Should I wait until march or april before contacting the judges again? Is there a possible way to contact them (or contact someone) personally without taking attention in a thread like this? It was absolutely no intention to make such a fuss about some of my tracks but it seems that it was the only possible way to get informed about the situation, even because I'm not a regular artist here. Thanks for letting me know this.

There is no need to contact the judges really until about 5-6 months pass and they have publicly passed the "Mixes subbed before" date of your mix considerably without you getting a response. At that time, it becomes what's known as a FALLTHROUGH, and you can contact the staff saying they might have missed you mix. Funny thing is, the judges have been hauling ass the last 6 months in order to get the time between submission and initial reaction DOWN to this much. If this were last year, it could have been upwards of five months before you heard if your mix was paneled, dp'd, or flat-out rejected.

They will get to your mix in due time. Patience is the name of the game. The people who are judging get a metric fuckton of submissions, and also have personal lives, so they can only work so fast.

You've done everything you basically can right now: Made a WIP thread (which, I should also say, goes against convention because the general rule is one mix per thread in the WIP forums), submitted a song to the panel (you can only submit one song every three weeks at a maximum to the panel), and....now the waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
We receive 2-4 submissions a day (sometimes more) so we're always running a backlog. The judges panel is listed out in the Currently in the Judging Process thread. Please PM a few of us if you have questions like this in the future, rather than making a thread.

Thanks, I will do that. Now I know at least which persons can be contacted for that issues.:wink:

• 3 months later...

Well that's actually something that has bothered me in the past as well. I once submitted a tune back in june 2009 and did not get a response until 6 months later, it was then declined and I was asked to resubmit it. There are various problems with such a long waiting time from an artist's point of view:

- during the whole 6 months I could not submit the tune anywhere else as I did not want it

to be released on another platform prior to OCR.

- by the time the song was reviewed the version I submitted was no longer up to date,

hence the mp3 the judges listened to was obsolete

Despite the fact that I was kindly asked to resubmit the tune, I was kinda reluctant to do so as I feared I'd have to wait yet another 6 months before it is being looked at again. In comparison, on other music platforms out there it usually takes about 3-4 weeks the most for a song to be posted, and that's a time frame us artists can deal with. Having to wait 6 months just to find out whether the track has been accepted or not? No, sorry! :(

Besides that I'd like to add that I'm a big fan of OCR, I always got it linked on my website and I highly respect DJ Pretzel and everyone involved in running this place, and the many many talented musicians out there who share their music for free. So please don't get the idea that I'd hate you for some reason .. I certainly don't :)

"SunSpire"

I once submitted a tune back in june 2009 and did not get a response until 6 months later, it was then declined and I was asked to resubmit it.

That's a pretty normal situation.

Despite the fact that I was kindly asked to resubmit the tune, I was kinda reluctant to do so as I feared I'd have to wait yet another 6 months before it is being looked at again.

The judging queue caught up and it should take around 2 months now, they've really jumped into overdrive the past few months.

In comparison, on other music platforms out there it usually takes about 3-4 weeks the most for a song to be posted,

What music platforms are you referring to? I get the idea that you're comparing OCR to "post your music" platforms, which OCR is not.

Well that's actually something that has bothered me in the past as well. I once submitted a tune back in june 2009 and did not get a response until 6 months later, it was then declined and I was asked to resubmit it. There are various problems with such a long waiting time from an artist's point of view:

- during the whole 6 months I could not submit the tune anywhere else as I did not want it

to be released on another platform prior to OCR.

- by the time the song was reviewed the version I submitted was no longer up to date,

hence the mp3 the judges listened to was obsolete

Despite the fact that I was kindly asked to resubmit the tune, I was kinda reluctant to do so as I feared I'd have to wait yet another 6 months before it is being looked at again. In comparison, on other music platforms out there it usually takes about 3-4 weeks the most for a song to be posted, and that's a time frame us artists can deal with. Having to wait 6 months just to find out whether the track has been accepted or not? No, sorry! :(

Besides that I'd like to add that I'm a big fan of OCR, I always got it linked on my website and I highly respect DJ Pretzel and everyone involved in running this place, and the many many talented musicians out there who share their music for free. So please don't get the idea that I'd hate you for some reason .. I certainly don't :)

"SunSpire"

As DarkeSword said, the mix you send should be the final version of your mix. Some people attempt to game the system and replace a file with an updated version before we get to it. Updating the file only works if the filename and path are exactly the same and we haven't listened to it yet. It also leads to some confusion when people assume we haven't already started judging it and we end up judging an out of date version, so I can't recommend it. If you're still in the middle of revising your piece, don't submit it yet.

It's always worth pointing out that the # of submissions has increased year by year, so that's why the wait time continues to be long. The judges (no help from me) have definitely been working a lot faster now and are getting much closer to present day. Their goal is to be caught up by the end of July, so we hope to be back to quicker judgements before the summer is over.

Also, ALL resubmissions are meant to be fast-tracked back to the panel as a priority, and don't have to wait in line in the process, so just make sure you flag a resubmission as such in the title of your email and link to the post where the original decision took place.