Chrono Cross - Another Madness (Another Termina Remix)

Ivan Hakštok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all, love that link generated on tindeck - rugz, pretty cool.

Are you thinking about eventually submitting this to the panel? I really like the ideas and the energy of the track. It is definitely not yet ready for submission, as it is probably a bit too straight-forward by OCR standards, but it is already very enjoyable. Please polish it and finish it! This one really has a lot of potential.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand the need for sidechaining but the amount of volume pumping is a bit on the extreme side. Lessen the compressor about 5db if not more. Also, there's some near-distortion for instruments like the snare and the bass so make sure nothing is clipping anywhere.

Arrangement is pretty good, though some of the instruments sound a tad generic and a few sections border on the repetitive side, but overall it is quite enjoyable.

Tweak the production slightly as indicated above and this should be good to submit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok, this thread is a bit old, but today I found an older version of this song. Productionwise the newer is much better, but I really liked the older (I don't know which one) one's arrangement better.

BTW, I really like your style and your CC mixes, Cruisin' is my wake up tune.

I deleted all previous versions from tindeck not so long ago, but I still have all versions as separate FL projects (2 of them finished, 2 which could use more work). The production on 1st and 2nd was horrible, and I found it easier to redo it from scratch rather than fixing production issues. Anyway, if you wanna check them, old versions are still up on Chrono Compendium:

http://chronofan.com/Black/Music%20(Chrono%20Trigger)/OCRWIP/Hakstock%20-%20Another%20Madness.mp3 (version 1, first vgm remix I made in FL studio, now I find it very un-listenable xD)

http://chronofan.com/Black/Music%20(Chrono%20Trigger)/OCRWIP/Hakstock%20-%20Another%20Madness%20%5BFinal%5D.mp3 (version 2, production and synths are pretty dull on this one)

Anyway I think I'll be sticking to the new arrangement, but I don't have much ideas how to complete it, and I have some other stuff on which I'm working right now.

Glad you like my other CC mixes, I hope soon I'll have one good enough for OCR :D