OCR02187 - Sonic Adventure "Peacemaker"

djpretzel

I think when you start holding established musicians like halc to a higher standard than you would a newcomer or a regular, just because they're ocrfamous, that is a slippery slope and it's dangerous to go down. Would this mix have passed if it was subbed by a newcomer? I personally would say yes, but think about it. Having said that, this is the worst song halc has EVER made. More chiptunes please. QQ. I'm kidding son. Just wait until 'your' mixes with live instruments start droppin. Let's see how many panties get twisted then. :-P

And it's a good thing that OCR isn't so high standard to the point that everyone has to have thousands of dollars worth of platinum-quality VSTs. They can be quite tough on production but they won't NO something for being sequenced, unless it's super lo-fi or mechanical. If this didn't pass, then I would expect it to set a precedent that songs similar in production to this wouldn't pass, and everyone would have to, not step their game up per se, but drop a heavy penny to get those fancy sound libraries.

NOT A CHIPTUNE?!?! Was not expecting this lol. Great shit halc. I really love that you didn't make this a chiptune track, not that I don't love your chiptuney epicness, but this makes me realize that you can do other things with your music and you have a great ideas that work on paper.

That panned kick sounds weird at first but it doesn't bother me enough to throw a hissy fit about it. The jazz feel is great and I love the strings that play every so often, I'm not sure what you call that technique but it's a nice touch. I don't know what people are talking about but as I hear this song, it's definitely above the bar. The issues that people have seem more like stylistic ones rather than aspects that actually matter when judging a song here.

I'm done talking. Like I've said before good shit halc, I really do hope you make more non-chiptune stuff this was awesome =D!!

Glad to see that, in a game with some of the best, rockin'est tunes in the series, that a softer track like this gets a remix.

It's just a great remix; nothing else really needs to be said. It's recognizable to the original track, but very subtle, and doesn't put all the chips on some overbearing electric-guitar-solo.

It's calm, smooth, and just has a unique feel to it. Very interesting mesh between styles of sound, I can definitely see this is going to be on Repeat for the next several years.

Ooh, it's exciting to see you branch out. I can definitely hear some Darkesword influences here. I'm in the anti-clap track camp, but I still enjoy the overall feel of this. Just don't forget your roots. I still love to listen to Sound of the Dogfish.

Sadly, this wasn't an instant download for me like your normal mixes are but I do really like to see you branching out (as numerous others have already stated). It's a good mix especially considering it's completely different than the chippy norm but not my personal cup 'o tea.

That said, I am really anxious to see future mixes like this that don't follow the "typical halc mix formula". Watching you and other artists on here grow and improve is absolutely amazing, it really is! Skilled Branch halc + Skilled Chip halc blend would = eargasms of epic proportions.

P.S. InsertRupee is pure awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
And it's a good thing that OCR isn't so high standard to the point that everyone has to have thousands of dollars worth of platinum-quality VSTs.

For God's sake, this. It's exactly the reason why Liontamer Yes'd despite his nitpicks. Some of y'all need to relax about this apparent "bar."

Great justice was done here, thank you, halc.

I hate this, why is it not chiptune? Why are things different? I don't think I can accept that things are different. Why is your first non-chiptune mix not studio quality? Why would you ruin everything by being different? Why is there change? I don't like change.

I think it's just plain wrong you can be talented at other things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02187 - Sonic Adventure "Peacemaker"