Sega Genesis Soundfont?

RDX

My biggest issue, aside from the fact that I make music with a laptop, is that...uh, I use the demo version of FL Studio. I haven't bought the actual thing, and I'm too big of a noob to pirate anything. So, I don't think there'd be any purpose in installing all those vstis or whatever them things are called.

so that's why im looking for a soundfont. thanks for the link, btw.

My biggest issue, aside from the fact that I make music with a laptop, is that...uh, I use the demo version of FL Studio. I haven't bought the actual thing, and I'm too big of a noob to pirate anything. So, I don't think there'd be any purpose in installing all those vstis or whatever them things are called.

The version I use is a soundfont man ;)

Buy FL Studio. Trust me, the lifetime free updates is just a win deal. It's just so win. More win than any other DAW. Cubase don't do that, neither Ableton, Pro Tools, Logic, Reason (the list goes on). You have to buy each new version, as opposed to FL Studio where you can get FL Studio 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,etc. for free after buying 9.

It's got really flexible workflow architecture (you can get lost in disorganization, but if you learn how to organize yourself you can start dishing out tracks with the snap of a finger) and possibly the best piano roll ever. :P

Everyone here saying "GET THAT ULTIMATE SOUNDFONT MAN IT IS SO BOSS WILLROCK USES IT SO THERE OMGOMG"

Here's one that no one mentions, but is JUST as awesome:

Examples

After listening to a few tracks the guy uploaded, I sub'd right away. Yes, I DO know they're midi replacements- he says as much on each upload. But damn are they good.

Second one has the download link on megaupload, and Ken's Theme also contains a fileplanet download link. The Regression-FM soundfont has a unique sound that is pretty darn fun to listen to.

Everyone here saying "GET THAT ULTIMATE SOUNDFONT MAN IT IS SO BOSS WILLROCK USES IT SO THERE OMGOMG"

Here's one that no one mentions, but is JUST as awesome:

Examples

After listening to a few tracks the guy uploaded, I sub'd right away. Yes, I DO know they're midi replacements- he says as much on each upload. But damn are they good.

Second one has the download link on megaupload, and Ken's Theme also contains a fileplanet download link. The Regression-FM soundfont has a unique sound that is pretty darn fun to listen to.

A good soundfont other than that one? LIES.

If Willrock doesn't use it, it must be earbleeding nonsense.

Buy it. Seriously. It's not that expensive compared to other DAWs, you can get discount links, and you have unlimited updates. Plus...

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/pnsi

I made that version of the track before I bought it(demo version).

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/tbus

I made that version after I bought it.

To quote Manamaniac(from the thread):

"anyway, I still am blown away by the growth between this and your first shot at this. good luck with this one "

It makes a big difference being able to save and have some time to think about what would make your mix sound better. Plus cloning is really helpful sometimes, but being able to save presets is always helpful.

A good soundfont other than that one? LIES.

If Willrock doesn't use it, it must be earbleeding nonsense.

Willrock is literally the only deciding factor for genesis soundfonts and anything other than what he uses is complete garbage.

I'm detecting a shitload of sarcasm here, but I will say that if you guys want to find a good soundfont/vst/whatever for genesis sounds, what I use is a good start, but its very limiting due to the fact they are sampled, and not the literal synthesis the Genesis uses. I would recommend looking into the real thing if you are hardcore into emulating genesis sounds, but the soundfont I use is probably the next best thing (to my knowedge, there may be better things out there)

Buy FL Studio. Trust me, the lifetime free updates is just a win deal. It's just so win. More win than any other DAW. Cubase don't do that, neither Ableton, Pro Tools, Logic, Reason (the list goes on). You have to buy each new version, as opposed to FL Studio where you can get FL Studio 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,etc. for free after buying 9.

It's got really flexible workflow architecture (you can get lost in disorganization, but if you learn how to organize yourself you can start dishing out tracks with the snap of a finger) and possibly the best piano roll ever. :P

Yeah, I know, I've been using FL for maybe two years now. I'm kind of decent with it. My biggest problem is that I'm a kid (Well, 17 is a kid by my standards), and I'm jobless. And I need to worry about money for college. So yeah, buying FL Studio is a pretty low priority now that I realized that exporting to midi is almost as good as being able to save.

Spread that cash over those 2 years and it's basically nothing per day. Don't think of it as money at once, think of it as an investment. What you spent on fast food during that time could've bought you FL already.

Plus it's not like you're going to need the XXL Ultra Deluxe Gold Happy Schoolgirl Alpha Limited Edition of a bazillion dollars anyway.

Spread that cash over those 2 years and it's basically nothing per day. Don't think of it as money at once, think of it as an investment. What you spent on fast food during that time could've bought you FL already.

Plus it's not like you're going to need the XXL Ultra Deluxe Gold Happy Schoolgirl Alpha Limited Edition of a bazillion dollars anyway.

Don't you mean the Signature Ultra Deluxe Gold Happy Schoolgirl Alpha Limited Edition Turbo HD Remix Bundle?

over the past year ive spent maybe a hundred dollars. i rarely ever buy anything.

also yes i do derp

I'm detecting a shitload of sarcasm here, but I will say that if you guys want to find a good soundfont/vst/whatever for genesis sounds, what I use is a good start, but its very limiting due to the fact they are sampled, and not the literal synthesis the Genesis uses.

Which is why I suggest an alternative set of sounds to use to widen the library.

Why not use both? They both are impressive in their own right.

Also, if you want to get into some FM emulation, I recommend the program TFM Music Maker, a free tracker-program made by Russian programmer Shiru. It's pretty good, and although it takes some doing to learn how to use, it is free after all, and some of the results can be pretty good if you know what you're doing. Listen to the examples and see if that's the direction you wanna go in.

Examples:

Something I made in TFM MM (lul self-plug)

One of the most awesome things your ears will ever hear (aka the Robocop III theme from the Commodore 64... IMPROVED WITH BLAST PROCESSING)

^^^^ LISTEN TO THIS LAST ONE^^^^

Of course, a downside is that the drums lack that meaty super-punch that GeckoYamori et all's stuff contains with their work, but it is a highly affordable alternative and it's pretty fun to use, to boot. It does offer the possibility of making your own FM synths, but that's hard to do (but not impossible- I've done it with lots of experimentation). The presets it DOES come with are pretty sweet though, and can be tweaked themselves. Of course, since it's a Genesis tracker, it only allows up to 6 tracks at once, but that's not too much a problem.