The Dubstep Thread

scatterbrain

Hey guys lets narrow electronic music to a set of specific stylistic choices and subgenres, and limit our exposure to music :<

Hey guys, I got an idea. Let's go play Gaia Online and go FiiiishiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING WHAT THE FU- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HU HU HU HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

...wub wub.

Did you read the first post? Right there, I addressed the fact that it's been around for quite a while, and gave several examples of it throughout its development. (FTR, 'dubstep' only codified around 8-9 years ago, though yes, its roots do extend back 'more than a fucking decade'.)

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't post. Heck, don't even read the thread and keep the bitterness to yourself.

Pretty sure he was agreeing with you and taking a sarcastic shot at the people on his facebook list, not attacking you or the genre.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. What I meant was that England seems to enjoy genres of music that America found and left ~20 years ago, at least the last I heard. Tastes may have easily changed since then.

if anything we've been following on their coattails for the past 2 decades, especially as far as dance music is concerned

Did you read the first post? Right there, I addressed the fact that it's been around for quite a while, and gave several examples of it throughout its development. (FTR, 'dubstep' only codified around 8-9 years ago, though yes, its roots do extend back 'more than a fucking decade'.)

Yes, I'm tired of that kind of talk too, but that's not the kind of thing this thread was created for.

Protip: Use Facebook's filtering options and hide those status updates.

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't post. Heck, don't even read the thread and keep the bitterness to yourself.

A conversation for another time/thread is the uselessness of the term "electronica"... heh

how about this

I'll post about whatever the fuck I want

and you can shove it

Pretty sure he was agreeing with you and taking a sarcastic shot at the people on his facebook list, not attacking you or the genre.

Upon reading your post, DarkSim, I was inclined to agree. Then I saw this:

how about this

I'll post about whatever the fuck I want

and you can shove it

:<

A few releases I'm looking forward to in the near future:

Instra:mental - Resolution 653 [NonPlus]

Joy O – Wade In / Jels [Hotflush Recordings]

Various Artists - Back and 4th [Hotflush Recordings]

• 4 weeks later...