FFT - Trisection

DaMonz

Current tentative title "Courage in Life, Honor in Death".

Source:

Remix v1: http://tindeck.com/listen/whdc

This is my first draft, and the writing is far from finished. It's the first time I make a track with this kind of sound, so I'd appreciate a little bit of starting feedback, just in case. ;)

P.S. : That last part with the harp and piano is still unfinished.

LATEST VERSION: http://tindeck.com/listen/wwwi

I'm digging the arrangement aspect of this, and your synths are sounding pretty sweet too, but boy is it clipping near the end. You've gotta lower the volume and master this quite a bit; as it is, it's harder to hear all the parts when the song is so blown out.

Definitely looking forward to further progress on this, though.

Oh hey a Trisection WIP!

The first thing I notice is the production is in need of work. Aside from the massive clipping, the drums need a lot of work. There isn't enough low end there it seems, and the kit sounds weird due to it not having that oomph. There seems to be a lot going on at a few moments and it can be dizzying with the way they are mixed together.

There are probably other things I'm missing here, but that's just on a superficial listen.

Not gonna lie, I've never been able to produce a style like this, to my chagrin.

But duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! This is epic sounding! I have to echo the chief complaint thus far though: It's clipping hardcore, but that's an easily rectified production issue.

The arrangement and instrumentation is just fantastic. Really man, this has incredible potential. You must take this farther. TheReverend demands it of you!

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback! :)

I'm working very hard to improve my production skills, and I'd like to know if you guys think it's paying off.

Here's v2: http://tindeck.com/listen/zymj

I'm still very far from finished with the writing (sorry for the crappy sudden end XD). I'm especially looking for technical feedback. ;)

Thanks again! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really dig what you have so far, dude. I don't personally like the synth at the very beginning, but I don't have any qualms with the rest of your sounds. There are a few points in the mix where it sounds a little muddy and I wish the individual sounds were a little more distinct. I love the arrangement overall, but I could probably grow tired of that main melody over the course of a longer piece.