Basslines

Modus

Hard to say exactly without getting a look at the stems, but the bass in the Pendulum track is pretty loud around the 40-80Hz area, and filtering out everything else still leaves the rumbling, so I'd say it's just a low sine. Can't have a look at the other without an audio file, but I'm sure it's the same thing in principle - something loud in the <100Hz area.

Testing it out, I get about the same amount of rumbling with a pure enough sine (use a spectrum analyzer to check - your EQ might have one, which you'd probably be most familiar with), tho how to get the bass loud enough without messing up the track compression and stuff is a whole other matter.

If you use FL, in the "Hip-Hop" section of the "Legacy" there should be three OSCx3 presets. These are all the kind of bass you're looking for.

Yes they are. This makes me wonder what other kinds of FL presets I've been missing out on, having never checked anything in the "packs" except the drums. I kind of assumed it was all meh like the drums :P

Hard to say exactly without getting a look at the stems, but the bass in the Pendulum track is pretty loud around the 40-80Hz area.

Looking and experimenting with the Parametric EQ, it looks like 40-120 hits the sweet spot to me, unless my monitors are giving me wonky results (they aren't professional brand)

Next challenge, as you said: throwing this into a mix and having it not swallow the rest of the samples :P

Didn't know about the 3xosc presets. I'm gonna have to look for that. If you don't want your samples and stuff to not get swallowed by the bass. Just make sure your bass doesn't have too much high end and your other synths are rolled off before you get to the 150ish mark you could probably go higher depending on the synth.

3x osc is good for making big clean basses (very short, low reverb with no top end can make it even bigger/warmer). Sin waves work, or basically any other wave form with a heavy low pass filter applied (turn low cut down really low, and maybe turn resonance up a bit).

But if you want really huge warm basses or don't use FL Studio, try playing with Native Instruments Absynth. It's hard to get subharmonics that sound that good and bassy on 3x osc.