Castlevania :OoE - An Empty Tome ( Heavy Metal Remix )

CyprusX

Hello everyone , I am new here , but I have been doing music for sometime. I have lately finished my rearrangement of the song " An Empty Tome " from the game Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia . God I love that game , and the music is fantastic. Michiru Yamane is awesome , always manages to blend lots of music genres together , like Jazz with rock and baroque style classical music, Fantastic stuff.

Here is the link to my song , I already submitted it for judging , but from what I understand It's going to take a while.

Mp3 Download

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/401343

Youtube video

Link to source:

(You're supposed to provide a link to the source material as well.)

It sounds great, so that's a plus.

But it lacks arrangement and interpretation, which the judges here look for. This is pretty much a metal cover of the original, not an arrangement. I'd suggest breathing some original ideas into this, put some twists in here and there that make it new and different.

Good playing though, you've obviously got some chops!

(You're supposed to provide a link to the source material as well.)

It sounds great, so that's a plus.

But it lacks arrangement and interpretation, which the judges here look for. This is pretty much a metal cover of the original, not an arrangement. I'd suggest breathing some original ideas into this, put some twists in here and there that make it new and different.

Good playing though, you've obviously got some chops!

Well , it seems in my mind I had the wrong idea of arrangement all along :<.

Yes , the main idea was a metal cover , not very different from the source material , I know , but I think it's kind of too late to add more , I am looking forward to doing something different.

Thanks for the compliment on my guitar playing , I am struggling

with my guitar solos , but who doesn't?

Well , it's not like I took the midi sheets and snapped instruments over them and called it mine. Yes , I used some melodies from the midi file of the source but I worked 2 days straight , trying to record the guitar parts over and over again , trying to get the right bass sound , the right drum sounds, etc and then trying to master aaaaalll those things so they blend together nicely .

Buuuut , the judges are judges , what can I say.

And it sounds great! :) If there was an mp3 download it'd be on my itunes playlist.

4. Arrangement

1. Arrangements in any genre of music (e.g. techno, jazz, rock, classical) are acceptable, so long as the genre itself does not conflict with any other arrangement criteria.

2. The arrangement must be substantial and original.

• Submissions must be different enough from the source material to clearly illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. Acceptable arrangement often involves more than one of the following techniques:

• Modifying the genre, chord progression, instrumentation, rhythms, dynamics, tempo, or overall composition of the source material
  • Adding original solos, transitions, harmonies, counter-melodies, lyrics, or vocals to the source material

• Taking the original game audio and simply adding drum loops or using an existing MIDI file and assigning new instruments does not qualify as substantial or original arrangement.
  • Submissions should be long enough to convey arrangement; generally, this requires at least two minutes of material.

3. The source material must be identifiable and dominant.

• While interpretation and original additions are encouraged, arrangement must not modify the source material beyond recognition.
  • The amount of arranged source material must be substantial enough to be recognized.

Great cover, man!

As Daragen said, Judges are looking for more than covers, they want personal arrangements with more than just the original theme covered. If you can re-work it and adding solos or other stuff, I'm sure it'd pass the panel!

I really enjoyed it. Good job and keep at it! :)

I understand.

I am glad you enjoyed it!

Order of Ecclesia was my favorite Castlevania game! Not just for it's ridiculous difficulty but it had some of the best castlevania tunes in a while! The metal solo halfway in made it worth the listen, I'd recommend it to friends even though it is rather close to the source. (nothing wrong with that IMO)

If you get around to doing another metal mix, would you kindly remix: Colored Virginal or Tower of Dolls? That would totally make my day to have some metal oomph into either one of these songs. Thanks for the mix!

Order of Ecclesia was my favorite Castlevania game! Not just for it's ridiculous difficulty but it had some of the best castlevania tunes in a while! The metal solo halfway in made it worth the listen, I'd recommend it to friends even though it is rather close to the source. (nothing wrong with that IMO)

If you get around to doing another metal mix, would you kindly remix: Colored Virginal or Tower of Dolls? That would totally make my day to have some metal oomph into either one of these songs. Thanks for the mix!

Tower Of Dolls F!@# YEAH

Love that tune , atm , I have the pinacle song from Dawn of Sorrow in my mind , but I'll put ToD in my to-do list.

Thanks for the post;-)