[Pokémon Advance] Wrath of the Ancients

Synthony

Listen/Download: http://soundcloud.com/synthony/synthony-wrath-of-the-ancients

An early demo of my in-progress rock medley of "Battle! Regice, Registeel, Regirock" and "Battle! Deoxys" from the Advance generation of Pokémon RPGs.

Source tunes:

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR84yEViSL4

So far it only contains arrangements from the Regi' theme. Soon to come: Deoxys' theme and (drumroll, please) ... BAGPIPES. .'D

It saddens me that there are so few Pokémon ReMixes on OCR (not to mention the MissingNo. Tracks being delayed over a year) so I'm hoping this one I'm working on is up to snuff when it's all said and done. I know it's really muddy at the moment; I just wanted to get something out there before I lose another 7 days of free time to my new job...

I actually heard this in my head the first time over a year ago and just haven't had the resources to make it real. Now I'm just left with one little dilemma: The bagpipes. I have downloaded a demo of Studio Piper, a high-end VST bagpipe synth that sounds just like the real thing, but it only gives me 10 trial runs before I have to buy it, and frankly, I don't have much cash to shell out. Does anybody know of a good VST bagpipe synth that's free?

Ok, I'm done ranting.

Pretty rocking start, although it sounds a bit too distant - could be a reverb issue. You have to lose the single-ear thing, it actually hurts my right ear there for some reason! Very strange sensation.

Does it have to be bagpipes? I reckon you could get away with a decent synth for it, or get pretty close. You could give it the authentic bagpipey sound with a single low droning distorted saw or something and then some high melody notes over the top of that.

It has to be bagpipes. If you could hear inside my head, you'd understand...

As for the 'distance', yeah, it's really muddy and reverb-y, but I'll fix that. I was just trying to get something going before I worked out the production kinks.

And the single-ear thing... I might pan it over to like 75/25 or 66/33, but I don't want it dead-center. It's a metal convention, y'know?