Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

lazygecko

I gotta question the whole realism of having a thirst meter since you could realistically scoop up a handful of snow and stuff it in your mouth.

Granted you might contract a few diseases from it, but dying of thirst in a land thats basically covered in water seems pretty silly to me!

I added a request to allow snow to be collected and then boiled as drinking water. Granted.. in medieval times I don't think people knew about germs. Oh well, my character will be smarter than everyone >.>

I gotta question the whole realism of having a thirst meter since you could realistically scoop up a handful of snow and stuff it in your mouth.

Granted you might contract a few diseases from it, but dying of thirst in a land thats basically covered in water seems pretty silly to me!

just stuffing snow in your mouth is terrible for hydration

modus has the right idea

If you can't afford something, buying a bunch of small alternate things is not the solution

>.> I'm used to getting things late while I wait for the next thing. I got my PS2 when the PS3 came out.

they had that same sale before, and I bought it then :P

For the love of god, don't play Oblivion without proper modding.

Not sure that I can get it today but just in case, suggested mods? I played Morrowind with mods, but I chose to not use any major game changing mods up to now. I just basically stuck to MCP bug fixes and texture updates.

Not sure that I can get it today but just in case, suggested mods? I played Morrowind with mods, but I chose to not use any major game changing mods up to now. I just basically stuck to MCP bug fixes and texture updates.

Natural Environments is a good one. The graphics are super dated now and that helps.

Unofficial Oblivion Patch fixes thousands of bugs.

DarNified UI makes the UI a lot better.

Immersive Interiors is amazing, letting you see out windows when indoors, but not all the cities are done.

Reneers Guard Overhaul makes the guards act like they should, but some people complain about CTDs.

http://www.morroblivion.com

it was a real nightmare for me to get this mod running but it is alot of fun.

I agree with the Strades. If you can't afford skyrim yet put that money in the bank and collect interest. Within a couple of years you may be able to almost buy it when it hits the bargain bin.

Just skip a few lunches and voila! instant skyrim fund!

http://www.morroblivion.com

it was a real nightmare for me to get this mod running but it is alot of fun.

I agree with the Strades. If you can't afford skyrim yet put that money in the bank and collect interest. Within a couple of years you may be able to almost buy it when it hits the bargain bin.

Just skip a few lunches and voila! instant skyrim fund!

lol well a letdown, seems I'm going to miss it. There's no question I have the money for it, just outside situations are preventing me from buying it now. Still, thanks for the suggestions anyway. I was going to get Oblivion eventually. And still am. I'll just get the normal $20 box later.

Sorry for the derail back to pretty pictures of the majestic Skyrim!

There's no question I have the money for it, just outside situations are preventing me from buying it now.

On a more positive note, once you get Skyrim you will have no more outside situations to worry about...

The box should come with a warning: Play Skyrim and be homeless within a month! Plus it has dragons n' sheeeeeit!

Anyways, back to the dichotomy of Skyrim time versus Music time. I could work on some Skyrim inspired music! or I could play Skyrim to get inspiration for music! hmm.

kekekek Garoad is funny :)

Skyrim is definitely cutting in on my "being productive" part of life, but hell, every now and again you gotta treat yourself, whether it be a steak dinner, a chocolate bar from the grocery store, or a 7-hour Skyrim excursion starting the moment you get home from work.

I do get inspired by playing Skyrim and looking at the scenery and listening to the music though. I have a sample pack I created with some great sounds I got from a field recording expedition at an industrial train yard. Pitched down, some samples sound creepy and very similar to old creeky gate doors or chains or anything else you might expect to find in a dungeon. Hmmm... may have to make some Skyrim-inspired dungeon or cavern music.

<random thought>

We should have a little contest, well not a content really, just a thread where people submit their Skyrim-inspired music. Just for the awesomeness of it.

</random thought>

I type too much. :)

~Syllix

So I haven't been able to play Skyrim much until the last few days. Great fun, but I was struggling a lot with the program until I tweaked some .ini settings. Widened the field of view and turned off mouse acceleration. Fixed things right up. (I also had to update my graphics card driver to get rid of a weird particle effect bug.)

Right now I'm level 7, still tooling around Whiterun trying to gather enough funds to buy the house there so I have someplace to dump the crap I want to keep but don't want to carry around.