K.K. Setlist - through my dog's eyes

Brandon Strader

The project directed by joe_cam has returned to get proper release, and such. In honor of this momentous occasion, it is opening for only a few months to receive new ReMixes to compliment the old ones. Please sign on if you believe you can make a high quality Remix within a few months. I would say by June 1st. Please send me all WIPs and WAVs; joe_cam gives his support to this project as a consultant but has moved on to bigger things.

folder.jpg

DCT - 7AM

Diggi Dis - Camrade

FFmusic Dj - KKmusic Dj

Girlz Melon - Only Me

Level 99 - Shimmering in the Dark

Mazedude - Slippery Safari

Mustin & Anthony Lofton - I Got Soul

Mustin - K.K. Sex-A-Peel

OA - Letting Go

posu yan - goodoldays

posu yan - purdieoldays

The Crakaz - 7AM (feat. Chico Ray)

Theory of Nonexistence - Mr. Soccerball

Vampire Hunter Dan - Rider's Bewailment

This may be your last chance to be on an album with all "those people", so do your best work!

Take what I say with a grain of salt man but I think this is a bad idea. How many albums are you trying to release at the moment? 6? I really think you need to slow down and focus on one, rather than taking someone elses project and saying "give me ocr quality songs so I can release this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE with as little effort as I can"

I mean... really dude, considering just how many albums are about to be released on ocr, you adding to the list really isn't helping matters. I think you should drop this for now, slow down, and focus on FF1 and make it a grand and epic project, rather than trying to release 6 that will quite frankly, seem like rushed efforts and there is really no good reason for it.

If you do decide to carry on with this, then good luck to you, but I just thought I'd say that, and sorry if it offends anyone, or if i'm talking out of place, but it needs to be said imho.

I'm trying to get FF1 finished and released right now. Not 6 projects.

I know there's a project schedule, and I've been putting this together since September of last year. Not to mention the album already went through years of the entire process and was sadly aborted. Having a proper release for this album is overdue, by a lot. I'm not rushing anything, FF1 also went through an entire production schedule and is waiting for just one more song to be turned in.

This is not a new project. We brought back many of the songs from the original K.K. Setlist, and I'm planning to finish the long piece joe_cam wanted that lead to the project being aborted in the first place, as well as a few other songs I wanted to do. I'm opening this up for others to get on for a few months just because I thought there might be some Animal Crossing fans out there, and 3 months is plenty of time.

The "no more projects" debate (or interjection, as it were) seems to be coming mainly from people who have no interest in helping with projects. I know you said that to me about FF1 Will, yet you asked me to do a song recently for Bionic Commando and I didn't tell you to put that project on hold in retort. If people love the game and have the time to make a song, this is a good opportunity for them I think.

edit: Having said that I don't want you to think I don't value your opinion or your advice. I take all of the projects I embark on seriously, nothing is ever just slapped together. Well, Teen Agent may be a bad example, but it was somewhat the result of inexperience, something I have learned from. I love the songs that came in for it though, but I recognize the quality bar for OCR pretty well now. x_x If the albums I'm working on come out in 2013 or 2014, fine.. maybe the site will release 1 or 2 albums a month and they'll catch up to the amount of projects going on. Time will tell, but simply not making a project just puts you in a position of being last in the queue. :-P

If you are trying to get FF1 finished and released now, then why not focus all your attention on that until its done, or even released, and then do this? No one would have any problem with that, and you'd still get the release of a great album you wanted... so its not that it wouldn't happen but it would just be postponed so ocr isn't overrun with finished projects.

Also, the "no more projects" debate is actually coming from people who care the most about projects, and people who want to conserve resources.

I'm going to assume that regardless of what I say tho, you'll still go ahead with this :P

If thats the case, I got a few questions: How many songs are you planning on making for this project and is joe cam getting a call on floodposts when this releases?

If thats the case, I got a few questions: How many songs are you planning on making for this project and is joe cam getting a call on floodposts when this releases?

I was going to make a few + the 30 minute medley... I don't think there's a preference on floodposts but I'd ask Joe when we got to that point if he had a specific lineup in mind.

FF1 is pretty much done, the basses are pretty thoroughly covered

Just waiting for a Josh Whelchel song but he's at GDC

I'm personally against this. Opening it back up was not what I signed my song up for. I thought your idea was to gather the songs from the original for a proper release, NOT to open it back up for additional tracks.

That's really really really inappropriate, in my humble opinion. I'm debating whether or not I want my track on this now.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there were a lot MORE tracks on the original incomplete version of KK setlist. This is basically a minimized version of the tracklisting and then whatever additions you had plan. I'm not cool with this at all. And is there ANY theme to the project besides just being a "compilation of songs"? I'm not seeing any. Nor do I see a super-apparent enthusiasm for the game, or its music.

This really just looks to me like this: you saw a finished project that didn't get a good release, asked if you could try and get it a full release, and are using it as a vehicle to put your own tracks on there.

Ummm... yeah, no. This project already got a release, and it's got twice the number of songs that your proposed release has. Someone went ahead and tagged the files and put them all in a nice .rar for download anyway. The download link still works fine.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25430

What does this version of the project offer, other than a chance for you to throw on a couple of your own songs and get your name onto something that's already been completed, more or less?

:|

If the OCR Staff is against this, just say that and I'll let joe_cam know that it again won't have proper release here.

It's not about me, it's about the album. I was going to make a K.K. EP before I found out this existed, then I talked to joe_cam about it a lot last year and decided to try to get the album properly released with some new songs, and gave the original artists the opportunity to finish their songs for it. I would rather not have my name on it, I didn't direct or coordinate anything.

If the OCR Staff is against this, just say that and I'll let joe_cam know that it again won't have proper release here.

Oh no you don't, don't you go back to Joe Cam saying that we are against releasing his work. What I am personally against is what YOU'RE doing, not HIS project.

Do your own work, Brandon. Don't take someone else's stuff and try to push it for "completion", especially if you're not including everything the original had. Take some responsibility for your actions, admit you were using this as a vehicle (if not to the public than to yourself) and move on.

You should stop making assumptions and trying to get me on the defensive. I'm sensing a lot of hostility from you. :-/

I can't just slap all the original tracks in. We (joe_cam and I) approached each artist personally and ASKED if they want their song to be on this release. The 14 songs listed are a reflection of that, and there's still a few people working to finish or update their songs.

Joe_cam gave me permission to revive this album when I explained how I had wanted to make songs and discovered that it existed. I told him I wanted to be faithful to his original vision and finish the 24-hour medley that was supposed to be made for the album.

I work on remixes here because I like the games and the music, that's how it SHOULD BE for all projects.

I've never started anything because I thought it would help my "ocr career".

Obviously, trying to talk sense and logic about this is pointless. If you wanted to do the stuff that was left off the album, why does that necessitate a re-release? Couldn't you just do it and, you know, submit it yourself, like normal mixes?

This. No point releasing an album thats already technically been released just so you can have a mix or two on it when you could easily make them and sub them like most people would.

Liking the games and music is fine, its the same of all of us, but this really isn't necessary.

If this had been seen as an unfinished project, then maybe, but everyone was in agreement it was basically done in the thread and on top of that, you still have to finish final fantasy. You say its nearly done? Finish that then, instead of restarting another technically finished project in the meantime that frankly, doesn't even need restarting.

Skimmed this, chiming in.

I gave Brandon the OK to re-start this to eventually give this project a "real" release. Not an "OCR" release.

I've never intended for any of my projects to be OCR official because I personally believe it imposes too many restrictions and requirements. I'm not saying OCR projects are bad, it's just not how I do them on my own.

If Brandon wants to open this up to new mixes, get new tracks, and get a good sized (30 songs give or take) release and give it a proper release chock full of artwork and ID3 tags and disc numbers, rock on.

He even mentioned he wanted to do the massive medley that was originally what sunk my project.

I am behind this getting a real release.

I am NOT behind this becoming an official OCR project.

Again, no slight to OCR at all, you are all my homeslices, but I'm just not an official OCR-project kinda guy.

Technically, I gave him the OK to do what he pleased with the project as long as he were able to secure permission from the artists themselves to use each track. I encouraged him to get every track possible from the initial release, but I KNOW he won't be able to get Zeratul's track. Everything else should be fair game as long as he drops emails, asks nice and so on and so forth. I helped him get permission from a few people and hooked him up with some contact info for others.

Ball is 100% in his court to do what he wishes with this.

If he decides to make this an "OFFICIAL OCR" remix project, I really can't stop him from doing it, but I just want it to be known that that was never my intent. I fully support giving the project a real release that I wasn't happy giving myself, though.

Anywho, my thoughts on the matter.

If anybody has any questions or concerns about it, feel free to email me (joecamnet at the gmails) and I'll gladly chats you up.

But again, my wishes aside, Brandon is in charge of things now. If he wants to drop every original track and release 30 tracks of him farting over the original GameCube audio files, I guess that'll be KK Setlist. Personally, I hope he does justice to what I couldn't finish.

Kinda worried to see mentions of him running a half dozen projects, but to each their own, right?

Skimmed this, chiming in.

I gave Brandon the OK to re-start this to eventually give this project a "real" release. Not an "OCR" release.

I've never intended for any of my projects to be OCR official because I personally believe it imposes too many restrictions and requirements. I'm not saying OCR projects are bad, it's just not how I do them on my own.

If Brandon wants to open this up to new mixes, get new tracks, and get a good sized (30 songs give or take) release and give it a proper release chock full of artwork and ID3 tags and disc numbers, rock on.

He even mentioned he wanted to do the massive medley that was originally what sunk my project.

I am behind this getting a real release.

I am NOT behind this becoming an official OCR project.

Again, no slight to OCR at all, you are all my homeslices, but I'm just not an official OCR-project kinda guy.

Technically, I gave him the OK to do what he pleased with the project as long as he were able to secure permission from the artists themselves to use each track. I encouraged him to get every track possible from the initial release, but I KNOW he won't be able to get Zeratul's track. Everything else should be fair game as long as he drops emails, asks nice and so on and so forth. I helped him get permission from a few people and hooked him up with some contact info for others.

Ball is 100% in his court to do what he wishes with this.

If he decides to make this an "OFFICIAL OCR" remix project, I really can't stop him from doing it, but I just want it to be known that that was never my intent. I fully support giving the project a real release that I wasn't happy giving myself, though.

Anywho, my thoughts on the matter.

If anybody has any questions or concerns about it, feel free to email me (joecamnet at the gmails) and I'll gladly chats you up.

But again, my wishes aside, Brandon is in charge of things now. If he wants to drop every original track and release 30 tracks of him farting over the original GameCube audio files, I guess that'll be KK Setlist. Personally, I hope he does justice to what I couldn't finish.

Kinda worried to see mentions of him running a half dozen projects, but to each their own, right?

There must have been some miscommunication there, when I said real release I meant on OCR. What would you consider a real release? We've got cover art and making tags and such shouldn't be a problem. If OCR isn't what you also had in mind then I'm not going to go against your vision with that. I have a web server and I can host the album there, at least I think I can, I've never had any issues with high bandwidth usage yet.

I can make a website, host a torrent, put all the necessary facebook/twitter elements on the site, host individual mp3s and maybe artist comments but I don't think they'd be that easy to get unless you have them already.

Sorry about the miscommunication there, but it's good to know that you didn't mean real as in OCR.

Still, you heard the man, folks! 30 songs, if you want to help, please let me know -- not joe_cam! He's consulting but not collecting any wips or wavs..

I downloaded and I have to say some of these tracks kick ass.

In the unfinished section, I found the track, "Slidin' & Cruisin' Live" I couldn't help singing along to the way the song was set up.

Wrote some lyrics for it. I was heavily amused.

Anyway, this is coming along very very nicely frankly, a little more work is needed though on a lot of the tracks and I found I liked some of the WIP tracks more than the official finished tracks.

I downloaded and I have to say some of these tracks kick ass.

I've been listening to the tracks on my iPod all day at work. There is some really great stuff on here, it's a shame the project was cancelled before it was "really" completed. I'm glad that the existing tracks were made available for download, though. It would have been a shame to not have these in any form.

I do love some of the WIPs. A few aren't to my tastes, but there are some gems in here.