OCR02189 - Chrono Trigger "The Frog Dance"

djpretzel

I was kinda lukewarm on the arrangement, until about 1:45 when the piano came in, then I began to thoroughly enjoy it. Then the piano left, and I was sad, until it's repeat performance at about 3:05. I'm not particularly digging this mix, but there is a pretty fair base here, and it seems like you have a lot of potential for electronica mixes, so I'll be on the lookout for your next remix.

I'm not exactly sure where Purplecowadoom is comin from with the idea that techno doesn't fit this song. It does, and does so well. If I recall, it was a heroic upbeat tune, and techno just takes upbeat songs and gives them more... well.. beat.

The artistry is a bit patchy in places slowing down prematurely, but it also has some nice rest to it. It's a good place to start.

Especially with a Crono Trigger mix. *giggle*

Congrats DJV, tracks still sounds awesome - just as I remember it .. brilliant work!

I really miss the unsheathed sword sfx, yet as a final mix this stands on its own really well. I'm glad you can finally get some closure on this and simply enjoy it, looking forward to hearing your next work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I actually like the fact that it sounds a little old school. Not sure where all the hate is coming from. No, it's not mind blowing, but I thought it was nicely done and for the genre that was done here with Frog's theme, I think it turned out better old school than if someone tried to do it otherwise in the same vain. It's a good ReMix. Nothing more needs to be said.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02189 - Chrono Trigger "The Frog Dance"