OCR00533 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Hawaii Shoppi'n"

orkybash

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this sounds like it could be part of a soundtrack to some kinda slapstick anime. fun is the right word for it.

it's gotta really happy feel to it, and as far as i'm concerned, any song that can make you smile, is a good song.

• 5 months later...

I playes Zelda 64 repeatedly for 2 years, beating the game over and over. Through all of that I though that the shop theme WAS the chicken dance and nintendo just ripped them off. I excitedly downloaded this soon after I discovered this site, got up to dance, and found out THAT IT'S NOT THE CHICKEN DANCE!!!!! :x:x:x THE HAND MOTIONS JUST DON'T WORK.... wait, that didn't sound right. :oops: Anywho, there's nothing wrong with this remix, but it does have that bland, generic flavor. It seems like the dude just messed with the instruments and left everything else as is. Oh well. Moo. 4/8

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

This...just doesn't gel with me. I agree with OA that the lead sounds up to the mallets are just grating at times. I would have liked this a lot more if the leads had been played in the mallets rather than the accordion.

Overall I'm feeling that this is just a bit too hokey (yes, I went to the 'other' overused kids party song). It's creative in it's own right, but I never liked the source, and this unfortunately accents all the parts that I didn't like about it. Just not my thing, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. While it does sound nice, I think the arrangement is a little too similar-sounding to the original for my liking. Also, I don't think it was Hawaiian enough for me. I agree with DragonAvenger; having the mallets play the lead melody would have rendered it a lot more "Hawaiian" sounding. Maybe could have benefited also from some steel drums, ukulele, etc?

As is, it's still a nice interpretation of a fun source :-)

Oh boy... I'm really biased against this theme, and unfortunately this mix doesn't do anything to negate that. The flute (?) leads are probably the fakest samples I've ever heard and they don't mix well together at all. The mallets work a lot better and feel much more natural, thankfully, so that part of the mix worked a lot more for me.

Not a keeper, but the aspects of this mix that worked nicely are quaint, if forgettable.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

So yeah, if this was sped up, it really would be in the realm of Hawaiian polka and chicken dance and such. I don't know, I kinda like it for the arrangement idea of taking the shop theme and throwing a happy half-goofy tropical overlay on it. Not groundbreaking at all and as others have said, certain samples and production values aren't as good as others, but it's fun to listen to a couple of times.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00533 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Hawaii Shoppi'n"