OCR02190 - Sonic the Hedgehog "April Rain"

djpretzel

It sounds like a mashup of Katy Perry's California Girls and Sonic.

"Red sneakers with blue spikes on top!"

This source is indelibly branded on my mind as being one of the first game areas I ever played, and this track is a great tribute to the Green Hill goodness. Nice and bouncy, lots of layers, and the source is woven throughout the whole song. Thumbs up.

Wow, I am totally blown away. This is a smart, slick, and all around beautiful remix. And on top of that, it's a remix of Green Hill zone, a track that has been done so many times that I am pretty much sick of it!

This is fantastic, I honestly can't think of any criticism. Oh wait. The ending. It just sort of drops off. Meh. Nothing huge, and you made up for it with the ride there.

The Cynic Project!! This guy was one of the first artists I latched onto during the MP3 craze in the early '00s. His "Matrix [Grid]" mix is still one of my favorites, though I lost my copy of the original mix of it.

Seeing his moniker now listed among the ranks of OC Remixers is a big deal for me. After I got all I could out of the music of his (that of which I could find) on the 'net, a couple years later I discovered OCRemix! I had a hunger for electronica, specifically dealing with vg remixes. I had no clue there was a community as vast as OCR and counted myself blessed (still do!) that was into VG Music as much as I. I've made an attempt at submitting, but I've since moved on out of the realm of musical composition trying to make my mark on the world with the written word.

Anyway, this is really cool. :) I'm glad Cynic's still making music and this mix is fantastic! Takes me back on a number of levels - sophomore year of college, discovering all the great music on the internet through the magic of the original Napster (yes, there was a time you got music from it for free) - back to childhood in the source music - just back to a simpler, more innocent time when I heard music like this every now and then but had no clue how to get a hold of any of it for myself.

Nice work, all around!

The Cynic Project!! This guy was one of the first artists I latched onto during the MP3 craze in the early '00s. His "Matrix [Grid]" mix is still one of my favorites, though I lost my copy of the original mix of it.

Seeing his moniker now listed among the ranks of OC Remixers is a big deal for me. After I got all I could out of the music of his (that of which I could find) on the 'net, a couple years later I discovered OCRemix! I had a hunger for electronica, specifically dealing with vg remixes. I had no clue there was a community as vast as OCR and counted myself blessed (still do!) that was into VG Music as much as I. I've made an attempt at submitting, but I've since moved on out of the realm of musical composition trying to make my mark on the world with the written word.

Anyway, this is really cool. :) I'm glad Cynic's still making music and this mix is fantastic! Takes me back on a number of levels - sophomore year of college, discovering all the great music on the internet through the magic of the original Napster (yes, there was a time you got music from it for free) - back to childhood in the source music - just back to a simpler, more innocent time when I heard music like this every now and then but had no clue how to get a hold of any of it for myself.

Nice work, all around!

^ This. If I have had that Matrix track since I've known whar MP3s are, lol.

This is PRETTY coool.

Edited by Ramaniscence

Nice work, all around!

pretty much this. i was playin red horizon the other day too; very awesome to know you're still making music. this track is great as well. very fun to listen to, completely made my day.

I'ma let you guys finish, but I'm already the all-time top listener for this song.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Cynic+Project/_/April+Rain+%28Green+Hill+Zone%29

har har. But seriously, The Cynic Project is the shit. Check out more of his sonic stuff here: http://sonic.tcpmusic.com/

And his original stuff is fantastic as well: http://www.cynicmusic.com/

In fact, you wanna know how I found out about The Cynic Project in the first place? I was doing what I usually do on a Friday night - lurking in the "NO"'d submissions forum section, looking for rejected Ice Cap Zone remixes, when I saw that The Cynic Project submitted an Ice Cap Zone mix. I immediately found his website and downloaded all of his amazing tracks.

Edited by superjoe30

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02190 - Sonic the Hedgehog "April Rain"