Chrono Trigger 'My Palace'

Rockos

I really like this, but it feels like there's a slight lack in super low-low end, I'm not getting that pressing kinda feel that would normally be there from a bass-heavy genre like that, it feels quite light at the bass end. Maybe layer a slightly distorted sine wave under the track along with the bass notes or something?

Quality tune though, really good groove to it. Really looking forward to this when it's finished! :)

Nice bass. :D

Starts off kind'a simple/weak/weird, but not intolerably so. The delay is a bit strong on that first instrument, but that's a nitpick. That first melody is too loud when it makes its appearance at 2:50, tho. The lack of definition in the kick applies. It could have more highs or mids, some more click to it.

There's some amount of noticeable compression, but I don't know how much is tolerable in dubstep. Reducing regular compression/side-chaining and using a multiband compressor on the output should alleviate the compression issue, but it'll likely take some work to set it up to not screw with the frequency balance... but you're lacking mids a bit, so screwing with the frequency balance might actually be a good thing. Just take a backup before you do anything drastic so you can go back.

I keep hearing source bits all over the place. For most of the track, I'd say source usage is fine, tho for some reason I can't place that first melody. it's like a variant of the UP A-part ostinato, shifted by a note and otherwise altered a bit as well, but... I'm not quite convinced. Still, I'd say this is ok, source-wise. Had to check for myself, amb, I'm a mod, I'd be remiss if I didn't.

There's a few transitions that seem a bit awkward. While there's some aimlessness throughout the track the whole thing seems to just run out of ideas at 2:38 and then kind'a just go on without really knowing what to do until almost a minute later when it starts dropping tracks out. A more thought-out ending is one of the bigger improvements you could do to this track imo.

PRODUCTION

- Overcompressed (pumping/no dynamics)

STRUCTURE

- Lacks coherence overall (no "flow") - some parts, some transitions, weak ending

Production isn't far from the acceptance bar, and the arrangement doesn't need much to pass, imo anyway. Almost avoided the entire checklist, too. Nice work. :D

Nice bass. :D

Starts off kind'a simple/weak/weird, but not intolerably so. The delay is a bit strong on that first instrument, but that's a nitpick. That first melody is too loud when it makes its appearance at 2:50, tho. The lack of definition in the kick applies. It could have more highs or mids, some more click to it.

There's some amount of noticeable compression, but I don't know how much is tolerable in dubstep. Reducing regular compression/side-chaining and using a multiband compressor on the output should alleviate the compression issue, but it'll likely take some work to set it up to not screw with the frequency balance... but you're lacking mids a bit, so screwing with the frequency balance might actually be a good thing. Just take a backup before you do anything drastic so you can go back.

I keep hearing source bits all over the place. For most of the track, I'd say source usage is fine, tho for some reason I can't place that first melody. it's like a variant of the UP A-part ostinato, shifted by a note and otherwise altered a bit as well, but... I'm not quite convinced. Still, I'd say this is ok, source-wise. Had to check for myself, amb, I'm a mod, I'd be remiss if I didn't.

There's a few transitions that seem a bit awkward. While there's some aimlessness throughout the track the whole thing seems to just run out of ideas at 2:38 and then kind'a just go on without really knowing what to do until almost a minute later when it starts dropping tracks out. A more thought-out ending is one of the bigger improvements you could do to this track imo.

PRODUCTION

- Overcompressed (pumping/no dynamics)

STRUCTURE

- Lacks coherence overall (no "flow") - some parts, some transitions, weak ending

Production isn't far from the acceptance bar, and the arrangement doesn't need much to pass, imo anyway. Almost avoided the entire checklist, too. Nice work. :D

Thank you so much.

If you check the judge decision, they say my eq overall (especially mid-range--High range) as to be redone and this will do it. So with your comments and the one from ambient I should get to work right now and this should be the one.