OCRA-0023 - Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks

This album serves to show me the extent to which people have grown, changed, and improved over the last four-to-five years. With a project that ran as long as this, you can hear how "old" some songs sound. It's an album that shows its age but it's not a bad album in the least.

In fact, I think the album serves a parallel to the actual Pokemon game series. It started somewhat humbly, with good core and great creative ideas. Over time, those ideas were polished to a mirror shine, and the music has not changed as much as it has matured. Same thing with this project: if Battle for the Badge represents some of the first material for the project, and Bullet for my Pillowswine repesents some of the latest, the amount of heart and devotion is equal for both.

As a love-letter to Pokemon-series music, this album does its job incredibly well. It may not have all the slickest production, tightest timing, or greatest performance on every track, but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Without a doubt, there are some fantastic tracks to hear, and any fan of the music of the series will find joy in listening.

Kudos and congratulations to all those involved in the project, and take a well-deserved break to recharge your batteries and rest your Pokemon. Your effort value is beyond comprehension. :razz:

I feel the same way Stevo. My remix is pretty much unchanged from when it first reached "final" status back in 2006. Other than some minor mixing and mastering tweaks, that song is a representation of me at the very beginning of my remixing!

This whole album is amazing! It has been a great opportunity to be involved in the community and only a place like OCRemix could give it the grand fanfare it deserves. Thanks to everyone who made this gift possible!

I like Level99's heartfelt and endearing explanation far more than mine.

Mine involved more self-deprecating and wallowing in pity over things that weren't as bad as I thought they were.

True story. I was getting very down on myself when the release date came up and there were problems, and Stevo, DJP, Bahamut, Fishy and like ten other people told me to shut up about it and stop beating myself up. "Someone will do that for you when it's out" even came up.

So thank you for putting up with my whiny defeatism, everyone. I swear, this is the last time for that.

It's awesome this project finally came out and I think this project has been the starting point for a lot of the newest generation of mixers. Without this project0, I myself would probably have never been part of so many other projects (and Level 99, Cerrax, ProtoDome, and all the other guys probably neither - even Fishy basicly started his OCR career here).

It's true that some mixes are very dated (my Clash of the Titans mix is the third mix I ever made - and finished in 2007), but the enthousiasm never changed and I think you can really hear that in the mixes.

I also want to say thanks to prophetik for being the co-director for so many years and of course to Damned for taking over the project years ago and holding out with us for so many years. I can't imagine how many grey hairs this project has given you over the years ;)

This is a kill me now moment. I'm sorry anything that in any way even unintentionally backs 4kids entertainment's diasterous anime butchering ticks me off. I'm not going to download this. I do not play the games i do not watch the show. I'm doing my best to not flame OCR because of its incredible standards and how its maintained them for so long but I can do nothing but *headdesk* when i see this. I do not mean for this to turn into a completely different conversation but seriously OCR? Did this have to be done?

just wanted to let everyone know that the version of my remix "Drowning Blue" that's on the album is not the correct version... it is an older version that unfortunately got mixed up during the bundling process

I've uploaded the newer, correct version here:

http://halc9bit.com/private/Drowning-Blue-Proper.mp3

the EQ and mixing on this version is a LOT better, with some slight instrument/arrangement differences

I've already tagged the mp3 exactly as it is on the album

thanks

Felt like I should bump this.

Anyway, there's nothing more to say. I'm really excited and can't wait for the torrent to finish up. I've always found it odd that such a popular series with such catchy songs never got an album or much exposure here.

So yeah. This is awesome.

This is a kill me now moment. I'm sorry anything that in any way even unintentionally backs 4kids entertainment's diasterous anime butchering ticks me off. I'm not going to download this. I do not play the games i do not watch the show. I'm doing my best to not flame OCR because of its incredible standards and how its maintained them for so long but I can do nothing but *headdesk* when i see this. I do not mean for this to turn into a completely different conversation but seriously OCR? Did this have to be done?

If you have a stick up your butt for 4Kids, that ain't our fault. Even if the awesome music killed you, I'm sure we'd be fine. You can't prove anything. :lol:

Level 99 and pu_freak have got this nailed, exactly how I feel. The whole project has been a massive learning curve, I mean, most of us used this whole experience to develop our mixing skills from very little, to posted mixers. Heck, I wouldn't be writing jazz if it wasn't for this project!

The forums were always a blast, I'd check 'em probably more than the OCR ones at that; pretty much every day there'd be a new update on some song or a stupid new thread. Haven't really got that same feeling from any of the projects around at the moment.

Gotta say Damned, I'll sign up for any new project you wanna launch immediately, brilliant project director.

(Y U BAD AT ENCODING THO?)

Without this project, I myself would probably have never been part of so many other projects (and Level 99, Cerrax, ProtoDome, and all the other guys probably neither - even Fishy basicly started his OCR career here).

I'm not sure you guys realize how true this is. I could well have very easily given up and ignored music production forever without this project. Just for the lols, this is what I auditioned with for gym leader:

http://fishy.escariot.net/private/gymbattle.mp3

It doesn't have drums or bass because I'd literally never tried to sequence any before, or even know how to. I think I subb'd the mix that just got posted about 4 months after I sent that clip to the damned. It was early early days for me, and others.

That even one person (yet alone all the positive youtube comments I've gotten so far) enjoys that track is an honour and privilege.

Good day, and good job sirs.

I have a question.

We remixed the GAME music. Anime = unrelated. Y U NO MAEK SENSE?

I have a question.

We remixed the GAME music. Anime = unrelated. Stop complaining and download it.

That's not a question, else you do actually have a question and just didn't pose it!

but yeah, seconded

edit: I think Hyperion is getting hung up on the "Gotta Mix 'Em All", which is just what djp decided to name the thread and is entirely unrelated to the project. Seriously, it's not even the project name, get over yourself.

It's awesome this project finally came out and I think this project has been the starting point for a lot of the newest generation of mixers.

THIS. For me, this is one of the most important projects in ocrs long history in the sense that so many artists make their start here. I did, fishy did, protodome did... you know what scratch that, this project just got invaded by a bunch of british newbs :P

Seriously tho, this project is where it all really kicked off for me, and I know i'm not the only one that applies for. I think people like damned, prophetik, and everyone else who helped direct and make this project a reality deserves a big thank you from all the mixers involved. So, I'd just like to say thank you damned. Was along time coming, but if it wasn't, then I don't think it would have the same impact on everyone involved that it did.

Just finished listening to all the tracks straight through. I... don't know how to explain how epic this is in words appropriate for ANY website. Let's just say that I cried at the end because there were no more tracks to hear.

I'm especially sad that a bunch of great source tunes had to be neglected on this album, especially a bunch from DPP. Also, imma let you finish, but Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD had some of the best music ever (even if most were just variations on a theme).

What's Missing(no) IMHO -- a rough draft:

To fully represent the series, I say a sequel album ("Still Missingno"?) is in order, maybe in a few years. It would help fill in the HUGE gaps that Missingno Tracks didn't cover, and could cover the gen-5 musics...

it turns out the FLAC of Drowning Blue is already the correct updated version, so there's no need to replace it

Oh great, thanks :)

To fully represent the series, I say a sequel album ("Still Missingno"?) is in order, maybe in a few years. It would help fill in the HUGE gaps that Missingno Tracks didn't cover, and could cover the gen-5 musics...

Uhm yeah, and Stadium too.

I can't really think of it right now, I waited so much for this album that now I just want to enjoy it :) .

Anyway, I'm only at the first listen but many of the tracks are really as I wanted to :D

No Route 11. :(

Protodome had every track in the entire series remixed already, but we had to cut him off at some point. It's really said, too, because the 29th track was going to be this big budget movie-style theme using the Route 11 melody, with an orchestra and Berry White providing lyrics.

It was great, but like I said, we had to stop at some point.

bro

shut up

Did what have to be done?

It's music. Just download it. Stop being a douchebag.

Protodome had every track in the entire series remixed already, but we had to cut him off at some point. It's really said, too, because the 29th track was going to be this big budget movie-style theme using the Route 11 melody, with an orchestra and Berry White providing lyrics.

It was great, but like I said, we had to stop at some point.

I understand. Well one of these days… a Route 11 will emerge hopefully.

Great album though.