OCR02193 - Pokémon Gold Version "Argent Vexemon"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...

TO, I love you for covering "Ice Path" - that's one of my favorite tracks from Gold/Silver :D

The source tune managed to fit well with your darker style, something I've come to see that adapted well to the Doom source material back in the day. The echo/ambience work is very fitting (with a lot of due attention being paid towards the piano in the middle of the track), those little expansions done with the synth manipulation and bass pulsing, fitting instrumentation to capture a claustrophobic and cold atmosphere; the pieces all really came together to provide a very worthwhile contribution to MissingNo. There's really not that much to fault here other than that lazy fadeout, but you know what I'm like with those things anyway. :razz:

Either way, between this and "Clairvoyant Eulogy" your treatment for the Pokemon series - while somewhat unconventional - has been a thrill to witness. Should you hope to rep it again in the future, I'm all ears :)

TO took an amazing source and made it even more badass than it already was - this is easily among my top five from the album. Great moment when that groove comes in around the :54 second mark, and the eerie, high melody that hits at 1:21 is a perfect (IMO) counterpoint to it. Really, there's nothing I can think of to say negatively about this piece; it definitely has a permanent place on my "favorites" playlist.

EDIT: Also, fun thing I just noticed. In this thread, it's listed as being Pokémon Gold Version, but on the ReMix detail page it's Pokémon Silver Version. :-P (And yes, I'm aware they have the same music and really the track is from both. Just found it interesting.)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you have a way with Pokemon ReMixes, especially with the dark intro and grooves. It really sounds like it belongs in a cave setting and it's a little haunting. Very ambient and the dark atmosphere is amazing in this one. I actually liked the fade out ending here. Great stuff.

• 6 months later...

I remember the source!

TO captures the feel of the original song here, with some mystery that is accentuated by the use of that triangle-like instrument and that instrument that gives a sea-like sound to it (I don't know what it is). The song varies it up some with the mid-low synth as well, although the song goes through the same source for the most part.

The song does the job for the most part, keeping things mysterious and flowing naturally & interesting.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02193 - Pokémon Gold Version "Argent Vexemon"