Soo... How does one boost youtube views?

CyprusX

I recently uploaded my newest song on youtube , but I don't seem to be getting any views. like , 3-4 views a day. And I am beginning to wonder what's wrong? I mean , I already gave it lots of keywords , and I mean , it's castlevania , I was with the idea that castlevania is kinda popular . Anybody can suggest on what I'm doing wrong?

youtube is on its way out man. Nothing uploaded after 2009 gets any views unless its partner videos. Hate to be negative, but thats the reality of it. Its like a bad joke. Youtube is made so random people can get their own videos out to an audience, and now, its all about disney and lady fucking gaga. Youtube has long since lost its original vision.

youtube is on its way out man. Nothing uploaded after 2009 gets any views unless its partner videos. Hate to be negative, but thats the reality of it. Its like a bad joke. Youtube is made so random people can get their own videos out to an audience, and now, its all about disney and lady fucking gaga. Youtube has long since lost its original vision.

I noticed that , yeah , sadly , it's mostly corporate stuff from now on :/

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Actually the whole internet is starting to feel this way.

Everyone's got the right idea about getting the video more views. I clicked it because you posted it here. Post it in video game forums and you'll get more.

Incidentally, I've got to echo Gario--nice job on the track. It's one of my personal favorites from the Castlevania series as a whole, and I love your version of it!

Well you're getting at least a few more views by posting it here, lol. Great mix, btw :).

Thanks!

Everyone's got the right idea about getting the video more views. I clicked it because you posted it here. Post it in video game forums and you'll get more.

Incidentally, I've got to echo Gario--nice job on the track. It's one of my personal favorites from the Castlevania series as a whole, and I love your version of it!

Glad you love it!

* Make really compelling videos

* Make videos regularly

* Encourage people to subscribe + Like your videos

* Share your videos on Facebook

* Make video responses to popular videos

Well , I basically make music , I don't know how compelling that can get =/

That. Also, link your profile in your sig. Like mine.

I'll be sure to do that

use underscores on things that are supposed to be one tag btw

so Order_of_Ecclesia, An_Empty_Tome, etc.

That's a pretty good idea actually , thanks for mentioning it!

This...is not necessarily true. There's lots of ways you can optimize YouTube, but...

* Make videos regularly

* Encourage people to subscribe + Like your videos

* Share your videos on Facebook

* Make video responses to popular videos

This stuff helps. If you are actually going out of your way to promote things yourself, it helps more than anything. Google tends to reward people who legitimately make/promote content as opposed to people who automate things or lazily upload stuff without filling out fields.

What zircon is talking about here is essentially "building authority." You can't promote your stuff in a single place and hope someone stumbles upon it. You have to put yourself out there in as many places as it seems relevant. Keywork: "relevant". Don't get overly spammy, and don't try to push or sell people too hard. Psychologically people aren't really going to accept things you try to shove down their throat. HOWEVER if they look around a few places, you constantly start coming up, then you seem relevant to their interests and their more likely to be interested.

Google/YouTube will also nix you for having duplicate content/irrelevant links.

So essentially: Have a lot of content in a lot of places. Relevant visitors WILL find it. Either through searching, stumbling, referrals, etc.

I recently uploaded my newest song on youtube , but I don't seem to be getting any views. like , 3-4 views a day. And I am beginning to wonder what's wrong? I mean , I already gave it lots of keywords , and I mean , it's castlevania , I was with the idea that castlevania is kinda popular . Anybody can suggest on what I'm doing wrong?

Welllllll I'm glad you asked! I write a weekly column helping musicians learn how to get the most exposure out of the internets. (here's a link to the thread with some more info). Last week I talked about why YouTube is important, and over the course of the next few weeks I'm going to discuss optimizing your videos, what kind of videos you should be posting, how to get more views, etc. The last 2 weeks I discussed why it's important to have a Facebook Page and how to set them up nicely. As zircon has already pointed out, all these things work hand-in-hand.

Some things they can help YouTube videos:

• Optimized Titles
  • Optimized descriptions
  • Do covers
  • Post video responses
  • Encourage video responses
  • Encourage ratings
  • Encourage subscriptions
  • Links in your signature
  • Linking people you might think are interested
  • Having your own website with links to your YouTube
  • Having a twitter, linkedIn, Facebook page
  • Tumblr's are nice for this

I could go on for a LONG time. But...that's what the article is for =P

And before you think: "Man, that's a lot of work." It is. Don't for 1 second think it's really easy. The first few steps are easy, because most people have no optimization AT ALL, but to really get out there is practically a full-time job (which is why people hire people to do it for them).

I try to keep Just The Tips short and sweet by delivering all the "must know" information, but I'm around to answer any questions too.

This...is not necessarily true. There's lots of ways you can optimize YouTube, but...

This stuff helps. If you are actually going out of your way to promote things yourself, it helps more than anything. Google tends to reward people who legitimately make/promote content as opposed to people who automate things or lazily upload stuff without filling out fields.

What zircon is talking about here is essentially "building authority." You can't promote your stuff in a single place and hope someone stumbles upon it. You have to put yourself out there in as many places as it seems relevant. Keywork: "relevant". Don't get overly spammy, and don't try to push or sell people too hard. Psychologically people aren't really going to accept things you try to shove down their throat. HOWEVER if they look around a few places, you constantly start coming up, then you seem relevant to their interests and their more likely to be interested.

Google/YouTube will also nix you for having duplicate content/irrelevant links.

So essentially: Have a lot of content in a lot of places. Relevant visitors WILL find it. Either through searching, stumbling, referrals, etc.

Welllllll I'm glad you asked! I write a weekly column helping musicians learn how to get the most exposure out of the internets. (here's a link to the thread with some more info). Last week I talked about why YouTube is important, and over the course of the next few weeks I'm going to discuss optimizing your videos, what kind of videos you should be posting, how to get more views, etc. The last 2 weeks I discussed why it's important to have a Facebook Page and how to set them up nicely. As zircon has already pointed out, all these things work hand-in-hand.

Some things they can help YouTube videos:

• Optimized Titles
  • Optimized descriptions
  • Do covers
  • Post video responses
  • Encourage video responses
  • Encourage ratings
  • Encourage subscriptions
  • Links in your signature
  • Linking people you might think are interested
  • Having your own website with links to your YouTube
  • Having a twitter, linkedIn, Facebook page
  • Tumblr's are nice for this

I could go on for a LONG time. But...that's what the article is for =P

And before you think: "Man, that's a lot of work." It is. Don't for 1 second think it's really easy. The first few steps are easy, because most people have no optimization AT ALL, but to really get out there is practically a full-time job (which is why people hire people to do it for them).

I try to keep Just The Tips short and sweet by delivering all the "must know" information, but I'm around to answer any questions too.

Thanks for the tips ! I'll be sure to try and follow your advice!

Youtube's strange in that I've noticed my channel's recieved quite a humble number of views despite the fact I'VE NEVER UPLOADED A VIDEO.

I've favorited and saved the video you've made, maybe some more will look. :)!!

Also try alerting THIS GUY as he's most likely the biggest fan of Castlevania I've ever seen; bigger than I am even. :lol:

With all of the tips here, though, you also need to be lucky. Seriously. Even fantastic video channels with frequent updates, streamlined search tags, high quality videos in general, and nice people can be overlooked(just look at Dragon's Layer Productions). If you can get a large enough initial group of people to subscribe and tell people about your videos, that will generally help to get noticed by way of viral marketing, but getting that initial group is just a matter of waiting. Once it's there, though, expect viewers to raise dramatically.

Youtube's strange in that I've noticed my channel's recieved quite a humble number of views despite the fact I'VE NEVER UPLOADED A VIDEO.

I've favorited and saved the video you've made, maybe some more will look. :)!!

Also try alerting THIS GUY as he's most likely the biggest fan of Castlevania I've ever seen; bigger than I am even. :lol:

Thanks for the fav , I appreciate it!

you plug your videos everywhere you go, and you make a lot of friends

However, I get at least one friend request a week [sometimes daily] from some random hip hop artist that isn't very good, obviously they're just spamming the friend button and I hate that, I had the same problem with myspace, so hopefully it doesn't get too bad. I finally got one from a guy that makes ambient drone space music the other day though :D

you plug your videos everywhere you go, and you make a lot of friends

However, I get at least one friend request a week [sometimes daily] from some random hip hop artist that isn't very good, obviously they're just spamming the friend button and I hate that, I had the same problem with myspace, so hopefully it doesn't get too bad. I finally got one from a guy that makes ambient drone space music the other day though :D

I get that alot . The problem with those kind of people is the arrogance with which they present their song.