OCR02197 - Pokémon Red Version "Out of Antidote"

djpretzel

For someone who was stuck in the Viridian Forest for an absurd amount of time in the first game, this song brings back a lot of memories. The trippy acid effect was a really smart concept, and the execution was really awesome!

Though it is slightly interesting that I feel like one of the few who finds this akin to what I usually like listening to. XD

I think this remix is an good example of what you can accomplish with a basic DAW. This entire remix was done in Garage Band 2.0 (iLife '05) on a first generation iMac G5. No third party plug-ins or samples were used, only the built-in Garage Band samples and effects.

Glad you guys liked this mix! It was one of my first successful remixes and I'm so happy that people enjoy it.

Dark, mysterious and slightly creepy. An atmosphere of tense feelings and maybe a little anxiety of running out of antidotes. I live for ReMixes like this. I actually never had a problem with Viridian Forest when I played the first time around, but I'm sure I would have been a little creeped out (and enjoyed the music more) if this played instead of the original. Very sinister and filled with bad intentions Really good work on this Remix.

• 2 weeks later...

Great work. This one really gives a good, dark touch to the overall quite happy tracks of the Missingno tracks. Gave it some good variety, and this is definitly one of my favorites of the album. I thought that the tone was very fitting and well executed. I especially liked the breakdown at 1:14 - 1:30

• 4 months later...

This remix perfectly captures the feel of being in Viridian Forest. A good remix only rethinks the original tune, but a great remix actually improves on it and zooms in on the "feel" of the original. By that definition this is truly a GREAT remix.

I would say this remix seems to good to be true, only it isn't. Everything about it is just incredible.

• 3 months later...

Haha, the Viridian Forest. Clearly a terrifying aspect of that initial first attempt at a Pokemon game. x_X

I can definitely feel the dark approach taken to the soundscape; while it remains relatively close to the source material for a fair chunk of the time, the expanded chord structures in it really bring it to life. While having somewhat as a dated feel, it manages to stay firm with this warped progression style that can indeed reflect on one's fear over weedle stings in the forest.

To me though, the drums kind of feel a little too flossy for me for some reason, as if they feel too pushed back and pounding on air for some reason, and even then I kind of thought the writing might have made it too muddy as it is with the added chords brought in. So it's kind of a toss-up here, but under artistic merit I definitely managed to see something quite remarkable with this one.

I'm hoping that Cerrax would submit more material soon, because from what I've heard so far I am hearing potential. Get back in there soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time listening to this, and I like it! I did play pokemon red, but managed to power game through the Viridian Forest (must have had my gamer gloves on). The sound it really good, a little harsh and noisy, but it fits well. The bass in the intro is great mood setting. I think it ended a bit too abruptly though, a little more of a fade out could have sounded sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, eh? Okay, I had to do that. 0:08 brings in source, with creepiness to boot. This is how this track should be done! After all, they say that the forest is a maze. Great work from Cerrax here. What an eerie track; fitting for this creepy forest. 1:06 brings in some more creepy ambience, and is followed by a solo. There’s even more creepiness at 1:30!! Everything slows down and calms down at 1:45 or so, but builds back up 10 seconds later. Another solo of sorts at 2:10, with a breakdown included. It slowly builds up to what is sure to be an epic finale. A hint of the end at 2:48. 3:04 brings a return of the norm, but with a hint of finality. 3:26 proves that the end is near, and it breaks down to the end.

I still enjoy this track a lot; though I don't play bass, I often tried to figure the source out on my brother's when I was younger. Almost got it too! Nice remix of the track; always been one of my favs from the R/B soundtrack, along with the Champion Battle theme.

One of my favorite tracks off of the album; I love the dark, mysterious atmosphere that it creates, appropriate for the first "dungeon" of the game, and the feeling of being lost among trees in the high grass with poisonous Pokémon circling all around. The percussion wasn't absolutely perfect, but wasn't nearly bad enough to bother me, and the intriguing, layered arrangement more than made up for any weakness in the instruments. Overall, a truly excellent track.

The intro to this is great. That stand-up bass(?) sound is perfect. Leading you into a false sense of security.

The fading in synths are great too. The chords do exactly the same thing... false sense of security. :razz:

When it hits you. IT HITS YOU

I'm not the biggest techno fan and I can still rage to this song even after a good fifty plays.

It's one of those mixes that just WORKS.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02197 - Pokémon Red Version "Out of Antidote"