guitar sounds

mickomoo

Honestly, guitar vst plugins are terrible. These plugins you are using are no exception.

I've never heard any guitar vst that sounded even close to the real deal. You just can't get the sound of a guitar (especially electric) and solid state, tube or hybrid amp through computers. Plus, for rock music, you just can't get the same stereo effect of having a double tracked, panned rhythm guitar and that is one of the most important elements of a killer rhythm tone.

That's my two cents on guitar plugins.

Honestly, guitar vst plugins are terrible. These plugins you are using are no exception.

I've never heard any guitar vst that sounded even close to the real deal. You just can't get the sound of a guitar (especially electric) and solid state, tube or hybrid amp through computers. Plus, for rock music, you just can't get the same stereo effect of having a double tracked, panned rhythm guitar and that is one of the most important elements of a killer rhythm tone.

That's my two cents on guitar plugins.

Well......if he had $$$$$ he could buy http://www.prominy.com/SC.htm (he used guitar rig 3 fpr those demo) :P

th1,revalver and guitar rig 4 (with a good sound card) can get you tube amp sounds with some tweeking, but sometimes when i use th1 i get phasing problems.

but for a really good tone(and credibility) get a guitar as shadow said, a mid end guitar for about 100-400 dollers at guitar centers, and the internet these days are full of lessons.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there's nothing like the real deal, but there are some VSTi's that emulate it decent enough. I use Vir2 Electri6ity and have been rather impressed with my results so far. I wish I had time to learn the guitar, but between working full time for one company, then working after hours and weekends for a small business that I'm part-owner of, my family, and then my other hobbies when I do have spare time... I simply don't have enough time. It's taken me a year to crank out three songs for the current album I'm working on...

Check out my thread titled "Surreal Nightmares" if you want to hear how Electri6ity sounds with Guitar Rig 4 Pro. I spent a few weeks tweaking the tones to where I like them, nice and gritty. I layered four rhythm guitar tracks, two hard left, two hard right, all with different tones and variation in performances.